Lootable Dungeon Loot

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Hazelnut

Re: Lootable Dungeon Loot

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes I could modify the dungeon layout code, but I'm already chucking far more core changes for modding Interkarma's way than I think he'd like. Maybe when things are a bit calmer I might, but this is a part of the code that's been working flawlessly for ages and there's potential for introducing bugs etc. Most of my core changes are around the edges and don't have so many other parts of the system built on top of them.

The return on this change seems quite small relatively speaking, so steering clear of this for the time being at least, and not even in future if Interkarma wants me to leave the RDB layout code alone.

Me showing retraint for changing core code... well, that's new. :lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

With people working on dungeon design, it might also become redundant :)

But, in the same vein: how about changin the sprites used for existing loot piles in the dungeons? The could even be set to dungeon-specific sprites?
Or is there allready some mechanic at work that sets loot pile image based on what it contains?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:00 pm With people working on dungeon design, it might also become redundant :)
Irrelavent, these dungeons will be laid out by the code I am referring to.
Ralzar wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:00 pm But, in the same vein: how about changin the sprites used for existing loot piles in the dungeons? The could even be set to dungeon-specific sprites?
Or is there allready some mechanic at work that sets loot pile image based on what it contains?
I have no idea what you're on about now.. this topic was about having the random furniture in dungeons be lootable. That's what i thought anyway. Sprites for loot piles are defined by the dungeon marker records as far an I know.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Sprites for loot piles are defined by the dungeon marker records as far an I know.
Ah, ok. Then it’s pretty much the same as editing other parts of the dungeon. It just struck me that with all the fancy new loot pile archives you implemented, it was a bit sad that all the dungeon generated loot only used the boring original ones.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Another "simple" idea ruined by early 90s micro-optimizations! Curses! Foiled again!