Lootable Dungeon Loot

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jeoshua

Lootable Dungeon Loot

Post by Jeoshua »

Ever been traveling around a dungeon and come across a bookshelf or a bunch of crates and wonder "why can't I loot this like I could if I found it in town"?

How hard would it be to simply make all those things generate loot to grab? It wouldn't need to be great loot, just... anything.

daggerdude

Re: Lootable Dungeon Loot

Post by daggerdude »

Totally agree. I mean, if they're in a dungeon it shouldn't be a whole lot, but perhaps it would be like pickpocketing where you get a chance to loot a box or shelf and you get a small something for your trouble, but nothing crazy.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Every time i see them i think the same. Those shelves should be filled with loot!

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Alternate solution:

Make new containers for dungeons that are empty shelves :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Been thinking about doing this for a while, I might take a look and see if it's easy enough to do.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I am of course not familiar with how to code it, but if it's the easier path: You could define shelves (and other things?) in dungeons as dungeon loot piles, so they use the the same loot table.

Of course, this would lead to clicking a book case and get a bunch of not-book stuff. So the next level would be tying different dungeon containers to different loot keys.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:59 am Been thinking about doing this for a while, I might take a look and see if it's easy enough to do.
I took a look and unfortunately these furniture objects are combined into a larger mesh when dungeons are laid out so they cannot be activated like those in buildings.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I'm betting the problem is they are basically the same as walls etc. You'd have to build the dungeon module over without the containers to be able to put in some normal containers instead.

If that's the case, the only other way I could think of doing it would be some kind of reycast on click that checked if it hit a container texture and them generated a loot inventory. Which is probably a LOT of work to get working right. Particularly if you want the loot to be persistent from you enter dungeon until you leave.