No reputation hit if judged not guilty.(Mod request)

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Seferoth

No reputation hit if judged not guilty.(Mod request)

Post by Seferoth »

I think this is one of the few things i really would like to be changed in the game. If you are judged not guilty you should not take any reputation damage(or maybe something like -1). This change would also increase the usefulness of underused skills like Etiquette and Streetwise. It would also make escaping justice with your evil doer character much more satisfying.

daggerdude

Re: No reputation hit if judged not guilty.(Mod request)

Post by daggerdude »

Yeah, the legal system and being a criminal in general kind of stinks as of now. I would love a comprehensive overhaul of thievery, assasination, and the like.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

daggerdude wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:58 am Yeah, the legal system and being a criminal in general kind of stinks as of now. I would love a comprehensive overhaul of thievery, assasination, and the like.
It just bothers me that there really is no reason to surrender to the guards, or even if you do there is no real reason to lie or debate. The whole lie and debate system is really cool, but the fact that you still lose full reputation no matter what renders this feature utterly useless.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Are we sure this isn't a bug? It sounds buggish.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:39 am Are we sure this isn't a bug? It sounds buggish.
Might be, but it has been in the game since classic.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Think OJ Simpson. Acquitted, but his reputation still has took a massive hit.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Perhaps, but it is a game and gameplay wise the debate and lie feature does not make sense in it's current form. Still, that's why this is a mod request instead of core change request as there are many ways to explain this behavior.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

If I debate or lie my way out of a charge (which, remember, I DID do the crime, even if accidentally), I avoid jail time. That the point. The rep is lost when I do the crime, not when I do the time.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Reputation still takes a massive plunge. its a feature. a bad game decision.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Innocent until PROVEN guilty should be how it goes. If you are proven innocent there should be no reputation hit at all, or max -1 or something trivial like that at best. Again, in it's current form choosing lie or debate is not worth the risk, you can just say you are guilty and get half the sentence and lose insignificant amount of gold. Also, taking no reputation hit would increase the usefulness of judge bribing feature.
Edit: Also you don't lose reputation when you do a crime, only when they hit you and are trying to arrest you(aka accuse you).