[REQUEST] Wilderness Movement and Wildlife

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
luccas.

[REQUEST] Wilderness Movement and Wildlife

Post by luccas. »

This is my first request, but I think it's something worth sharing.
Everyone agrees that the game's wilderness is a barren wasteland with nothing to do or see outside of locations, and that is a very common criticism for this game. It would expand the wilderness immensely if it had natural wildlife which was generated depending on where you were; Predators like grizzly bears and tigers roam the mountains and plains, giant bats and spiders during the forests at night, werewolves and giants wandering through the forests. Even passive animals like horses and camels group together on plains and deserts. Instead of doing something like Warm Ashes, which is quest-based, they're generated randomly and naturally. This does not only serve to make the wilderness feel more alive, but to give you a reason to explore it. You could, say, go out hunting animals or defeat monsters, looting them and returning to the nearest town with your horse and selling everything.

Something that we could have as well is NPCs travelling (wilderness movement as I call); People and merchants travelling through the wilderness, people travelling on horseback, thieves and burglars hiding on mountains and forests during the night, and so on. It would open many gameplay opportunities if you think about it.

Links:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Bestiary
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Passive_Creatures

pango

Re: [REQUEST] Wilderness Movement and Wildlife

Post by pango »

Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

luccas.

Post by luccas. »

Interesting, i hope anyone tries to develop any of these ideas by merging them into one mod.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I'll dig into this as my next mod; I can't imagine this would be insane to do. This really will be my main focus, creating an engaging experience in the open world area. Traditional Daggerfall with pretty much towns and dungeons, and everything else a wasteland.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Managing to incorporate some kind of huntable wildlife would really be neseccary to make a needs/hunger mod.