Pray System

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
ArcadeMischief

Pray System

Post by ArcadeMischief »

English is not my native language so if you see any errors sorry.

I feel like this game needs more RP functions, it's a really big game that you can roleplay many types characters but being part of a Temple still doesn't feel complete without this.

It would work like this: Right in the beggining of the game you would have a option to choose any type of religion from the Aedra to Daedric Princes, by selecting one of them you would receive a power named "Pray". They would all have unique buffs depending on what you choose, for example Zenithar could give you a buff for Mercantile, Nocturnal give you a invisibility effect and Peryite could cure your poison, obviously you can't just pray every time for their buffs so it would work only once a day.

I know there are more deities and gods but by adding more would only make this mod more difficulty to make because of many unique effects every one of them would have and i don't think the game has that many effects for every one of them.

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ralzar

Re: Pray System

Post by Ralzar »

I really like the general idea and I’ve had a similar thought: I played a Stendarr worshipper and in a town I suddenly ran into a statue of Stendarr. I thought it was a real shame that there was no way for me to click on the statue and spend an hour in prayer.

ArcadeMischief

Post by ArcadeMischief »

Looking back at it i feel like i should have taken more time to think about how it would work, it doesn't make sense that you can only pray once a day, it would be better if you are given two spells "Pray" and "Pray for Miracle". "Pray" would simply let you pray anytime for a determined time for RP purposes and "Pray for Miracle" would give you the buff.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:47 pm I really like the general idea and I’ve had a similar thought: I played a Stendarr worshipper and in a town I suddenly ran into a statue of Stendarr. I thought it was a real shame that there was no way for me to click on the statue and spend an hour in prayer.
You could just loiter next to the statue and roleplay that you prayed for an hour.

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Seferoth wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:07 am
Ralzar wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:47 pm I really like the general idea and I’ve had a similar thought: I played a Stendarr worshipper and in a town I suddenly ran into a statue of Stendarr. I thought it was a real shame that there was no way for me to click on the statue and spend an hour in prayer.
You could just loiter next to the statue and roleplay that you prayed for an hour.
Exactly the way I always do it! :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Rolepraying
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.