[Feature request] Right-click to dismiss pop-up texts

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
mikeprichard

Re: [Feature request] Right-click to dismiss pop-up texts

Post by mikeprichard »

Silence wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:57 pm
mikeprichard wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:09 pm Unless I'm missing something, the current "Activate Center Object" control binding - the "right-click" vs. "left-click" / "click to attack" discussion being irrelevant - should always dismiss these pop-ups in base DFU. Anything else sounds like a bug, or at least extremely inconvenient/illogical behavior.
Yes, that is the point.
I would appreciate if someone could verify the bug, because right now I'm doubting myself (or rather, my keybinding setup) and I don't have DFU at hand. Also, peer review, and that.
OK - the "Right-Click" in your topic title was just misleading, as was some of the discussion around that. Unfortunately, I can't test this right now, but it would be great to see a fix here as warranted.

pango

Post by pango »

I submitted a PR

Dialog boxen can be closed using Return key, but many dialog boxen are also configured with clickAnywhereToClose = true, so can be closed by just clicking a mouse button (actually, the left mouse button only). It does not depend on bindings.
This PR extends this mechanism so you can use any button (left, right or middle), but the one used to swing your weapon.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Silence

Post by Silence »

Awesome! Thanks!
Many knights Silence unsat / from the saddle, with her lance / Had they known truth as it was / that the one who made'm fall / possessed naught of being male / but the skill and tools of trade! / Livid witnesses they'd be / of Nurture's triumph over Birth

pango

Post by pango »

I just hope it's not too counter-intuitive for people that chose to use the left mouse button for attacking...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Silence

Post by Silence »

It may cause some to pause when they meet one of these pop-ups for the first time, but in that situation most of us would try pressing several keys to see which one will make the scroll go away, and eventually find it out. People who have the layout remapped already are prone to explore their options, I would assume.

The alternative — missing a bit of relevant text in the middle of a fight — is, I would argue, worse.
Many knights Silence unsat / from the saddle, with her lance / Had they known truth as it was / that the one who made'm fall / possessed naught of being male / but the skill and tools of trade! / Livid witnesses they'd be / of Nurture's triumph over Birth