mod request: spawn killable NPCs (like in towns) in NPC houses at night

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
hello

mod request: spawn killable NPCs (like in towns) in NPC houses at night

Post by hello »

when playing a vampire at night in towns there are no npcs.
as a vampire you will need to kill periodically and you are unable to rest if you haven't killed in a while, so you can't wait for day to be able to kill an npc so you can do stuff.

which is doubly stupid because you typically arrive in towns at night due to being a vampire and then you can't sell stuff to shops because they are closed cause it's night.
but you can't advance time of day because you can't rest because you haven't killed in a while
but you can't kill because it's night and there are no npcs to kill

meanwhile there are houses everywhere with tons of unkillable npcs inside, taunting you

and you are stuck and cry and reload a save before you became a vampire because no thank you :lol: :lol:

all this makes no sense, there are houses with npcs in them everywhere, but you can't kill them for some reason
a mod to make these npcs killable or just spawn npcs that wander around like in towns but in houses while at night would solve it i think

Dubiousintent

Re: mod request: spawn killable NPCs (like in towns) in NPC houses at night

Post by Dubiousintent »

According to page 40 of this article on Classic Daggerfall "Daylight shines from 6:00 to 18:00." That corresponds to the timing when walled city gates are closed, and the day sounds change to night sounds in DFU. Other than Banks and Furniture Stores, all other businesses are still open until at least 19:00. I've seen NPCs on the streets of walled cities as late as 22:00. Smaller locations seem (haven't had reason to check) to keep "small town hours" with everyone off the streets even earlier.

How have your samples compared to those parameters?

hello

Post by hello »

sounds about right. pretty much never see NPCs outside at night though.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, I can get behind this. It's a bit weird that there is literally NO ONE out at night.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

I've been running a series of back-to-back "Guard the Guild" quests in the Daggerfall Province walled city of Baelmoth, and I haven't even seen guards at 03-04:00 hours. Did run into one thief though, out of 19 such quests and late night trips from the Guildhall back to the tavern.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

What would be really wasome would be npcs spawning in much lower numbers, city watch carrying torches or lanterns at night with actual light sources connected to them and then a commoner spawned once in a while.

One problem though, is that there spawns monsters at night. Which then doesn't interact with the watch and commoners.

hello

Post by hello »

yeah, thats why i was thinking having them in NPC houses at night would be both realistic and probably less prone to conflict with something (ill just say.. vengeance!! :x ).
having the odd wanderer at night would be cool though!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

hello wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:22 pm yeah, thats why i was thinking having them in NPC houses at night would be both realistic and probably less prone to conflict with something (ill just say.. vengeance!! :x ).
Hehe. Or a mod that lets you kill the static NPCs. But that would easily lead to a LOT of problems if you kill quest and service related NPCs.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:30 pm
hello wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:22 pm yeah, thats why i was thinking having them in NPC houses at night would be both realistic and probably less prone to conflict with something (ill just say.. vengeance!! :x ).
Hehe. Or a mod that lets you kill the static NPCs. But that would easily lead to a LOT of problems if you kill quest and service related NPCs.
Don't see a problem with it. Kill everyone lol

KhajiitCanHaveSalami

Post by KhajiitCanHaveSalami »

I really wish there was an overhaul for how NPC's behave when you are a werewolf as well. Now they either disappear if you enter a town as werewolf or they just stay there minding their own business if you transform next to them. Some kind of general NPC behavior overhaul is much needed.