Unleveled World: Current Status

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Magicono43

Re: Unleveled World: Current Status

Post by Magicono43 »

After looking at the code for how skills advancement works, player level actually has a multiplicative effect on how much "xp" is required to level a skill. So the higher level you are, the harder ALL skills are to level, even the ones you have never had increase at all.

With this, I think another section should be added to this list, that being "Unleveled leveling" or something of that sort, lol. Also Non-scaling skills or something, like how lock difficult scales with how higher level the player is in lock-picking, which is just silly.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ralzar and I were discussing what unleveled loot would look like: just maintaining the player level at 1 permanently, and adding health at a scale tracking skill increases. Enemy humanoid levels could be determined with die rolls, with the majority of them being level 1-5 and very rarely others at higher levels being spawned.

This would eliminate the problem of all humanoids leveling up with you and gaining Daedric armor once you hit level 10.

EDIT: Actually, you were there too Magicono :lol:

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

That's certainly one way to do it, I mean the code is right here in "PlayerEntity.cs" for when a level-up is checked.

Code: Select all

/// <summary>
        /// Calculate level and check for level up.
        /// </summary>
        public bool CheckForLevelUp()
        {
            int calculatedLevel = FormulaHelper.CalculatePlayerLevel(startingLevelUpSkillSum, currentLevelUpSkillSum);
            bool levelUp = (level < calculatedLevel);
            if (levelUp)
                readyToLevelUp = true;

return levelUp;
        }
This could really in theory just be changed to instead of making the "level-up" happen, just have the health increase you mentioned happen and attribute distribution, but no level value increase.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I'll soon release Unleveled Loot, which will solve both

Shop merchandise based on shops quality

and

Loot Quality depends on the level of the enemies
(although the mod does not adjust for enemy level, it solves the actual problem, which is that loot dropped by enemies was level scaled.)

Two problems then remain:

Human mobs level is scaled to player level.

The other is spell mechanics. Because I suspect the Unleveled Spells mod has game-crashing bugs but never got an update past the first release? And seeing as I got no response in the mod thread, it does not look promising. I am thinking I might change this back to not being fixed? Or partial fix?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Unleveled Loot released and OP updated.

Unleveled Spells downgraded to Partial Fix.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Unleveled Spells changed to the new mod Skilled Spells.

Note that as of writing this mod is alpha v0.1. So bug might occur.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Small update, as Skilled Spells is now stable.

risk

Post by risk »

thank you for your effort with creating an unlevelled world.

are we closer to getting non levelled up humanoid opponents?
i'm sure i'm not the only one who gets annoyed fighting against 200+ hp human enemies.. even though i wouldn't mind it if they were higher level other creatures.

i actually wouldn't mind if the skillset were variable - so long as the hp is kept to the range of level 1 to level 10 characters or something.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Update.

Skilled Spells switched out with the new mod Unleveled Spells, which properly solves this.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

You should probably change the description, unless you think there's still more leveling to remove