Paperdoll project - anyone to pick up the torch/contribute?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
King of Worms

Re: Paperdoll project - anyone to pick up the torch/contribute?

Post by King of Worms »

Sure, I hope its the correct save - should be in a shop

U will see 2 of those items in inventor "Clothing & Misc" and one robe in "Magic items"

As far as I know, neither of them is a variant... all are its own unique entries. None of these items spawn in DFU using the console commands.
SAVE5.rar
(46.05 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

PS: also u can notice if you spawn all armors, that there are missing boots... u will get 3x the same boots, but in the game there are 3 actual variants for each material
245_2-0_Daedric.png
245_2-0_Daedric.png (32.32 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
245_1-0_Daedric.png
245_1-0_Daedric.png (30.6 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
245_0-0_Daedric.png
245_0-0_Daedric.png (29.22 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Right, have figured out what the problem is for clothing - so most clothing with a single variant have the variants set to 0 in templates. They were all missed by the command unfortunately. Will look at the boots tomorrow. Hopefully it will just be the same issue. The fix is very simple now I know what is happening. Sorry about the mistake.

EDIT: Those boots are upscaled versions, are you sure the original textures differ - some variants are identical graphically in classic.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:50 pm Right, have figured out what the problem is for clothing - so most clothing with a single variant have the variants set to 0 in templates. They were all missed by the command unfortunately. Will look at the boots tomorrow. Hopefully it will just be the same issue. The fix is very simple now I know what is happening. Sorry about the mistake.

EDIT: Those boots are upscaled versions, are you sure the original textures differ - some variants are identical graphically in classic.
Ok that means the command is not complete but u can find those items ingame, right?

The boots.. i think 1st 2 variants exist and the one based on leather does not aka is the same for all variants.

But the 1st two variants should be 100% spawned

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I have now submitted a PR to fix the add_all_equip command. Hopefully Interkarma will include this fix in the next release.

The issue with the boots was actually due to a change made by Allofich in Aug 2017 either by mistake or because classic doesn't use the gold edged variant. Either way I think DFU should as all the graphics are there and variation is nice to have.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot,

Yes, we need to have all the game assets ingame to increase the variety, those gold edged boots are made to go with the gold edged variants of the armors. Most of the armors have these variants, so it should be possible to have full sets ;)

I will test once its implemented and report back

PS: As Im spending too much time on a paperdoll, I start to remember all parts of armor and clothing... so I will see if stuff is missing or anything is out of order and will let u know.

Thank you! ;)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

No problem, shame this wasn't caught originally. Unfortunately the corrections didn't make it into .21 release so you will have to wait until .22 or grab the PR and run the code in Unity editor.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

No worries... I will wait, Im bad at running the game from unity and all that..

Ive found out the exporting script by Lacus is missing items :X And item color variants. Its getting messy.. Same with the spawn command, but thats hopefully sorted now, and Im glad for it. These two things must work properly, otherwise its impossible to confirm all items are in the game and its impossible to make a complete paperdoll mod - If I dont get the items out of the game, and I cant spawn them, they are basically invisible for any manipulation, and one can only hope they are really in the game, hidden somewhere.

Here are 2 more examples with description, I really hope we can get all parts working properly together - export script, spawn commands and the actual game
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3266&p=40882#p40882

PS: just found out there are missing DUNGEONS in the DFU... even when Map_reveallocations is utilized..

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Order sorting issues:

Is it possible to change the priority some items have over others while stacking. For example, I think this behavior should be considered a bug and should be corrected even in the base game?

Boots should be ALWAYS under every other garment, or it looks messed up
I cant think of ANY situation where it would be otherwise.
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (128.06 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
Funny thing is, here its correct:
02.jpg
02.jpg (143.12 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
But here its wrong again:
03.jpg
03.jpg (137.1 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
So Id say its some kind of inconsistency and should be corrected
Boots should ALWAYS be under every other garment, so lets say they are the lowest priority

JorisVanEijden

Post by JorisVanEijden »

Erhm, you do realize your 2nd picture shows the boots over the pants as well?