[UNDER CONSTRUCTION] Races Redone

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
King of Worms

Re: [UNDER CONSTRUCTION] Races Redone

Post by King of Worms »

Agreed, but they make sense in Daggerfall ocassionally.
Male elf for example is stronger than female, but has lover personality. Its well thought out in this case. Other cases I find hard to understand.
Interesting fact is, that Argonian females are stronger than males. I guess its because they are lizards.

But overall, its just confusing as hell. And common players will hardly realize that when they select male/female it will actually have quite a impact on the character - and that impact is hard to predict to me..

So, yea

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yep, you just went through the kind of discussions I've had in my head so many times I don't bother even starting them :D

Male/Female character traits always leads to weird theories of "what's REALLY the difference between men and women?" and then "Is this actually making the game better?"

The only one I find interesting enough to consider keeping (but I won't) is the Argonian because it further points out how non-human they are.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Updated the OP. When live build 0.10.21 releases I will be able to mod racial combat bonuses. So all Expertise bonuses has been switched out for ToHit&Damage bonuses for specific weapons.

Also, Argonians will get a breath regeneration which gives them a form of water breathing.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I'll keep an eye here for compatibility with my other mods.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:43 pm Also, Argonians will get a breath regeneration which gives them a form of water breathing.
Argonians already have that benefit in DFU (same as classic I assume). They can hold their breath for approx 2x as long as other races.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

It’s infinite water breathing, like they have in future games.