[MOD request] - Arena Inns/Taverns Quality

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
zimmicks

[MOD request] - Arena Inns/Taverns Quality

Post by zimmicks »

In Arena, you had the option of upgrading your room to higher quality accomodations, from rat-infested low-end rooms to the highest-end "Royal" suites.
The gameplay purpose of this was to balance risk versus cost - the higher quality of room you rented, the lower the chance that thieves and brigands would jump you during your sleep.
Rat-infested rooms had the highest chance of this happening, and of course the "Royal" suites had the lowest (if it happened at all?).
It would be great if this could be implemented into DF unity!
Thanks!

MasonFace

Re: [MOD request] - Arena Inns/Taverns Quality

Post by MasonFace »

I think this would be an interesting addition to Roleplay and Realism Mod.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I'd also say that this should be handled by the quality of the inn. You rent in a low-scale inn, chances of bad things happening is higher.

But then the rent should really be noticably different between the quality levels.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Just to chime in, but like all buildings, they actually all have a "quality" value associated with them, but the only time this is used in shops as far as I know. So there is already a value baked in for determining the quality of an inn, which would probably make this easier to implement. For the choice of room quality thing, UI would likely have to be changed a bit to accommodate for the added options.