[Mod Request] Reliable Path to Vampirism/Lycanthropy

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
vidyahgame

[Mod Request] Reliable Path to Vampirism/Lycanthropy

Post by vidyahgame »

I think it'd be nice to have some reliable and accessible way to become a creature of the night, like NPCs in certain locations who can bestow the curse (guild quest targets?), or even just a prompt on reaching a certain level. It'd make the game a lot less frustrating, though it's obviously a pretty big buff to the player. Has anyone the skill and interest to make this happen?

Ralzar

Re: [Mod Request] Reliable Path to Vampirism/Lycanthropy

Post by Ralzar »

I've got a lycanthrophy overhoul mod in progress so I have been thinking of this. But the quest system is not able to infect you with them (and I can't write quests anyway). So I'm not sure how to implement it.

I have been toying with the idea of having a mod for simply getting asked at character creation if you want to be infected with lycanthropy/vampirism.
Last edited by Ralzar on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

You can open the console and use the diseaseplayer command.
But according to its own help description, only vampirism is implemented...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It's diseaseplayer vampire. I just tested it in 0.10.24 and got both the dream and the transformation.

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:19 pm But I did get it just now when I tested it. So I have no idea what prevented me from getting it before. :?
Were you still level 1? Level 1 characters are hard immune to disease, poison, vampirism, and lycanthropy.

pango wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:09 am You can open the console and use the diseaseplayer command.
But according to its own help description, only vampirism is implemented...
Thanks, have fixed that console comment now.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:45 am Were you still level 1? Level 1 characters are hard immune to disease, poison, vampirism, and lycanthropy.
If I ever get around to offering a mod for starting as a vampire/werewolf, I got to remember this :D

Is the immunity to the disease infection only? So you could theoretically skip that part and apply the vampire/werewolf curse directly, as if the disease had timed out and gone to the second stage?

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:11 am Is the immunity to the disease infection only? So you could theoretically skip that part and apply the vampire/werewolf curse directly, as if the disease had timed out and gone to the second stage?
Yeah, you could just apply the target VampirismEffect directly. You'd just need to set the VampireClan property, as this is normally where you were infected and it would be missing if skipping the infection stage.