-

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Laicus

Re: [Request] Inability To Regen Health Points 'Disadvantage'

Post by Laicus »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:05 am Via mod or otherwise, add to the 'Disadvantages' at character creation - Inability to Regen Health Points.
With this you could make a character that completely relies on Restoration magic and/or bandages and "healing kits" etc for healing.
Alternatively, prohibit rest outside of taverns, but leave the option to loiter, it turns out almost the same and rest will not lose its purpose (although this is not realistic).

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:17 pm Here's basic Realism with Healing: When you are injured the time for healing will depend on the severity of the injury, how quickly it was treated and how it was treated. Even small scratches or bruises can take days to heal, but if you have deep cuts, or broken bones, or gaping wounds, it's going to take weeks or months to heal if you're lucky. If you're not so lucky, you may end up with permanent damage and conditions. If you loose a limb, in medieval times, you're not getting it back.

If this were applied to a game, particularly a game like Daggerfall, it'd make gameplay impossible.
Yes, full realism is certainly not necessary, but free health restoration is also extremely unbalanced element of the gameplay, so the easiest option I see is to ban rest, then you will need to stock up on provisions and recovery potions, i.e. spend money and this somehow balances the gameplay. Of course, I would like to limit the consumption of food and potions, as well as removing from the game any ability to fast forward time, and to move to use teleports and fast transport, such as flying ships and, for example, summoned horses, and maybe dragons. But this will be a large and complex mod, so as a simpler option, disabling rest would be enough for me, but disabling health recovery during rest is of course the more correct option.

Guy_Duderson

Post by Guy_Duderson »

An inability to recover health points from resting due to a disadvantage could also be rationalized as the character just has such a slow ability to heal naturally that for all intents and purposes they basically don't. For role play this could be said to be because of a weak immune system or a curse or something.