(REALIZED IDEA) Allow the paperdoll character backgrounds to have a night variants

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
King of Worms

Re: IDEA: Allow the paperdoll character backgrounds to have a night variants

Post by King of Worms »

Great job, it works 100% :geek: Even the dungeons :)
I will maybe create the rest of the variants, now when its functional.

I think the "snow on ground" is to be found in the seasons somewhere? When its winter, there is snow on the ground. And its up to the modder to create a winter version of desert where the snow will actually NOT be there etc...

Anyway, thanks a lot for all this, its awesome! Really appreciated!

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

Ah okay, is deserts the only place with no snow?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

joshcamas wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:33 pm Ah okay, is deserts the only place with no snow?
If we talk specifically about the snow on the ground, than there is Desert and Sub Tropic with no snow.

Than theres that mess with rain forest/swamp nature sprites missing winter variants, but thats not relevant here I think.
Climate map.jpg
Climate map.jpg (274.41 KiB) Viewed 1635 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So Ive made some testing of the interiors.

One bug Ive found is, that if you enter the shop, the inventory image changes properly. But once you click the shop shelf to buy something - and the inv automatically opens - the paperdoll background turns back to the exterior img.

If I can suggest, if it could be possible to add these two, it would be great :)
Inn
+
"general interior" - that would be a image which would show in all other interiors but the specified ones like castle/openshop/dungeon

Ive tried to have just "interior.img.png" alongside the castle/shop/dung to see if it works this way, but it does not. This image than overwrites all other interiors.... so if this "interior.img.png" could be considered a general interior, it would work nicely.

Other ideas for interiors would be, Mages guild & Temple.

But its great as it is man, I dont want to bother you too much with this, Im thanksfull already :)

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

ah, I'll look into it :)

Edit: Ahh okay. How the trade menu works is SUPER weird, so I had to make some special hacks to get that working. I'm not sure how to detect if you're in an inn, sadly. DFU has a lot of singletons that are everywhere imaginable xD

The "generic" image of interior.img.png should work for shops, for example. For wherever an image with a custom tag (such as _dungeon) doesn't exist.

https://github.com/joshcamas/dfu-charac ... grounds.cs

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot! Im very busy now and I want to somehow close up the progress on Dream and release it soon. So I will download the latest file, but I dont think I will provide the interior variants now. Just dungeons. I feel slightly overwhelmed towards the deadline Ive set for myself :lol:

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

Definitely no need for interiors! This is a fantastic addition to dream, what you have so far is perfect! :D Thank you for all of your work on dream, it's fantastic ^_^

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you, its a nice cooperation :)
Ive added the overcast day/night variants, so that should cover all of the weathers but snow.
Im not sure where we ended up with that, especially the snow on the ground. That part with fuzzy... does it even happen in game that it snows but theres no snow on the ground?

Also theres this new "interior_BUILDING.IMG.png" right? Its not in a readme but you mentioned it here, so Ive added it to readme on my HDD to not forget about it.

Snow might looks something like this (based on images I got somewhere in the middle of the process when Ive tried to create a fog, than I added the cold glass effect and some more postprocess) and than the example of day overcast (its basically rain setup, without a rain but Ive kept the wet look effect plus Ive changed the clouds so it covers the sky in more homogenous manner, and darkened it a bit - so it looks more like after a rain...)
Spoiler!
Snow RIG.jpg
Snow RIG.jpg (83.67 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
SCBG04I0_OVERCAST.IMG.jpg
SCBG04I0_OVERCAST.IMG.jpg (76.5 KiB) Viewed 1525 times

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

Currently snow simply means its snowing, nothing else. I still need to add a special one for snow on ground, it may be a lil bit until I get to that. And yes, the building one should work.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

EDIT: PREFIX: I made a thread where I ask for a debug of this issue here. If there are any news from there, I will update it here, so there is no confusion about the state of progress.

http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... ed1#p52893

edit2: It seems the issue was solved by the changes proposed by I3lessed in the thread above.

Hi Josh, still here?

I had a bug report.

When you change into the werewolf (which has its own background with baked in character, same as when u change to wereboar - example in screens below) and in this changed form you enter the dungeon the result is that only the new dynamic character background is visible.

The dynamic background overwrites the were-form images which have baked in static player character.

I think this is a bit of expected bug, as we did not take the werewolf/boar changes into account. I was not even able to test it at the time we made this script and cooperation.

Below is the mentioned boar/wolf image
(WOLF00I0.IMG.png + BOAR00I0.IMG.png)
(I GUESS when we switch to these, the weather variants are not working? I need to test it, not sure)

Below them is what the user is seeing when in the dungeon

Spoiler!
BOAR00I0.IMG.png
BOAR00I0.IMG.png (487.67 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
gwkYyHK.jpeg
gwkYyHK.jpeg (409.28 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
He said that: "And just to add, reckon the bug only occurs inside dungeons. When in cities, the beast pic is there"

So I GUESS its happening only in the interiors. Thats a bit surprising...

Can you please take a look the the issue with the wolf/boar form?
I will be here to give any info or support needed.

Thanks a lot :)

Here is the savefile while in the beast form:
bugged werewolf INV save.zip
(441.73 KiB) Downloaded 83 times