[Mod idea]: Political map of Iliac Bay

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
andromacus

[Mod idea]: Political map of Iliac Bay

Post by andromacus »

First, a question on which I hope someone can be so kind to answer; could somebody tell me if the rumors about political events that you hear from NPCs (e.g. a change of ruler in a region, war between regions or factions, news about plagues and famine) have any ACTUAL effect on the game (e.g. can you meet the new ruler in the palace of the capital)?

If so, I think a potential useful mod could be the possibility to display on the Iliac Bay map some information about the status of the regions. For example, if you right-click on a region, a pop up could provide you a summary of:

Who the current ruler is
With which other regions there is currently war
Which factions are in conflict with it or are allied
Status about plague or famine currently ongoing

I think that would add some immersion and would provide some useful information when planning to travel from a region to another

Ralzar

Re: [Mod idea]: Political map of Iliac Bay

Post by Ralzar »

This is a really good idea. Another thing that should be readily available: what the main god of the region is.

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

I'd like to know too if these political events are actually reflected in-game or if they're just fluff that you're not supposed to check up on.

I know that being hostile to a group that is politically hostile to another group will make it more likely for that other group to become friendly with you, but that's about the extent of my knowledge on how the world reacts politically (still new to the game).

But I absolutely would love to be able to have these things be easily accessible in game either through dialogue or a map or preferably both. I know that it won't appear in dialogue anytime soon since the dialogue system isn't opened up much for modding atm, but the map should be doable I think.

Also ditto on being able to see which regions patron god is without having to go to a wiki page outside of the game. Also would like to be able to see which gods they're hostile towards too, as that ISN'T something you can find on the wiki since it's something that develops as a result of the games background sandbox events.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Jarlyjarljarl wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:23 pm I'd like to know too if these political events are actually reflected in-game or if they're just fluff that you're not supposed to check up on.
From my experience (but I may be wrong, hence my asking) those things have NO actual effects on game.
As an experiment I've done a couple of times, when I heard about a new ruler in a region I noted down the name, fast traveled to the capital and headed to the palace, but never found anyone with that name in it. So, I assume that at least the rulers do not exist.

Another interesting feature I just thought about which could be added to the hypothetical political summary are the banners of the regions. So far, I don't think exist official banners of the regions other than Daggerfall, Wayrest and Sentinel, so this could require a bit of creativity, but the result could be interesting I think