Any 3D Monster or NPC Model In-Game Will Do

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Greendogo

Any 3D Monster or NPC Model In-Game Will Do

Post by Greendogo »

So I'd like to throw down a simple gauntlet for a combination of the developers and the modders:
  1. Find or create any monster or NPC modelled in 3D with appropriate animations, using either new models or freely usable modding assets from another modding community (Morrowind, etc. etc. etc.)
  2. Put this model into the game as a replacement for the billboard with animations.
  3. Release your work as a free to reuse download for others to iterate on.
  4. Also provide a YouTube video so non-modders/devs can see your progress/success/failures.
I feel like we're waiting too long to get to where a lot of people want to go, so it will help if someone just lays the ground work for a lot of other people to follow. The last time this almost happened with 3D People of Daggerfall by Hrafnyx. Unfortunately Hrafnyx had computer issues before getting even ONE of his absolutely gorgeous models in-game. We need to break through this polygonal barrier and firmly assert ourselves in the realm of the Quaternion.

If we get one 3D modelled and animated asset in the game for a creature or NPC we're going to have a ton before too long.
Last edited by Greendogo on Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Re: Any 3D Monster or NPC Model In-Game Will Do

Post by Jay_H »

Hello :)

I've personally wondered if someone can't contact the maker of MW's Better Bodies or one of the Oblivion/Skyrim equivalents. Those are made by modders, right? If so, and they don't mind it being farmed out to a DFU mod, then the transference process should be very simple... I hope?

Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Has anyone seen this work by Devephant posted anywhere else besides Reddit?
https://www.reddit.com/r/daggerfallunit ... ately_but/

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Yes, he joined the forums under the name "Concarne" for a while, but haven't heard from him lately:

Original post. https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2738

He hasn't be active in these forums since March of 2020.