Job Posting Board - quest system mod idea

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
nilzark

Job Posting Board - quest system mod idea

Post by nilzark »

Could we have a central job posting board in towns to get quests? This could be a convenience mod for people that don't want to physically travel all over a town looking for quest givers. For return trips, probably would have to find the job poster for reward.

andromacus

Re: Job Posting Board - quest system mod idea

Post by andromacus »

Hello, nice idea in itself, and I think probably could be done by replicating the same mechanism that guilds use to allow you to select a quest from a list.
The only point of attention that I see, for the sake of the realism, is that all the quests posted on a board should be "legit": I mean, it is reasonable that somebody posts a request for a courier, a bodyguard etc...but if someone is looking for an assassin, a smuggler etc, doubtfully they will post this in a public board together with their name and where to find them. So the question in my opinion is if it could be actually feasible to distinguish the quests in this way and publish only the non criminal ones.

nilzark

Re: Job Posting Board - quest system mod idea

Post by nilzark »

Those are great points Andromacus. I concur that the job posting board would be for sanctioned quests. Underground and others would stay that way.