Mod proposal: DaggerFAST

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
andromacus

Mod proposal: DaggerFAST

Post by andromacus »

Hi All,

I don't know how much popular this idea would be, but since we are in a forum to exchange ideas I will try to propose this and see how it goes.

Before explaining the idea of this mod, a bit of background first: I have played Daggerfall in both its original version and DFU for years, however I still consider myself a rather average/bad player. In my whole career of Daggerfall player I NEVER managed to:

1. Push a character above level 12
2. Reach the top ranking of any guild
3. Purchase an house in an "honest" way (meaning without asking loans in half of the regions and then escaping to another one, never repaying them)

Plus:
1. After some time playing with the same character I personally get tired of him and want to start a new one with other skills
2. I don't have anymore the time I had when I was younger to spend tons of hours playing
3. Due to the difficulties I had with reaching achievements, I never dared to play with the Ironman mod, which I believe would be great to use

Ok, so far my personal issues :D . Now, my proposal would be to have a mod that speeds-up the achievement of the above mentioned goals, so you can potentially reach them in few hours of gameplay and not in days/weeks (hence the proposed name DaggerFAST), meaning:

1. Making the experience gaining/level advancing a bit quicker
2. Requiring less reputation/less quests done to advance in rank in guilds (with my last character I saved at least 10 princesses from vampires and I'm still in the mid rank of a knightly order...how many others do I have to save? :D)
3. Reducing the price of the houses to a still challenging but much more affordable price (e.g. in the order of 30k-100k gold)

The idea behind all of this is to have the possibility to enjoy shorter but more frequent enjoyable games, without the need to investing too long time to get some good results with your character. Also I think this would work great with the Ironman module, making less frustrating the idea of start a new game in case a well developed character should be accidentally killed.

I'm sure that many of you would prefer a slow character development and maybe would find all of this too easy...but the good thing about mods is that they are optional to use :)

Comments?

Jay_H

Re: Mod proposal: DaggerFAST

Post by Jay_H »

Well... I already find Daggerfall characters too easy to advance :) Use a good trainer spell in an inn for awhile (this video gives a good example of quick spell leveling), and you'll hit 90%+ skill in most of the magic schools in maybe an hour. Once you're above level 8, everything starts dropping Daedric equipment, and two of those will buy you a house. It's not unrealistic to say all three of your goals could be done within about two hours.

That's just my two cents. There are easy ways to get ahead in Daggerfall very quickly, which is probably why we see a lot of mods that slow down the process instead. But if this picks up steam, more power to you!

Rebelrouzer

Post by Rebelrouzer »

It would be nice to lower the time it take to rank up in guilds or remove the time required all together.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

well it would be nice to have a mod that would multiply successful skill checks and reputation gains and removes sleeping for leveling up to make the game quicker in an adjustable manner, or maybe even a mod that can fast start you at a specific level, location, money, reputation, and equipment giving you a good head start...