Betony Overhaul?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
LyeTheHonest

Betony Overhaul?

Post by LyeTheHonest »

I've been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online lately, and I've noticed that the island of Betnikh, known in DF as Betony, has changed dramatically from 2E 582 to 3E 405.

Now that may seem reasonable, as over a millennium had passed between the two games, however Seyda Neen, the starting town from the next game in the series, Morrowind, hasn't changed a bit, even though it had been like that for longer than the time it took for Betony to not only shift dramatically in terms of towns and hands, but also because it's no longer shaped like the letter C.

In my opinion, it would have made sense for there to be some sort of ruins of an Orsimer town/settlement (or three) that could have either become ruined and infested with monsters or perhaps found by the Bretons and converted back into a thriving settlement, while still keeping that Orc look. Maybe even some notable landmarks from Betnikh, such as Carzog's Demise, or Grimfield. It would definitely make Betony more of an interesting place to visit, instead of it looking super sparse, and bland.

I'd do it myself but I don't want to have to learn Unity just to add in a couple of towns/ruins to my game, so that's why I'm asking here. Am I alone in wanting this? Is it even possible?