Using Vortex with DFU

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Hazak

Using Vortex with DFU

Post by Hazak »

Is it a good idea to use Vortex with modding DFU currently?

Hazak

Re: Using Vortex with DFU

Post by Hazak »

Also did I put this in the right place?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It isn't the best place, but I'll move it for you ;)

Last year several of us made a big shift to make our mods Nexus-compatible. I understand Mod Organizer 2 also supports DFU mods in their current state. While there may be some outliers, I feel pretty confident saying the majority of mods uploaded to Nexus are Vortex-compatible.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

That said, using a mod organizer might cause you more problems than it fixes, since DFU is still under development.
When upgrading DFU it is still highly recommended to make a new folder and set up a new instance of DFU in that folder. Mod managers might not be able to handle this easily.

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

Hazak wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:12 am Is it a good idea to use Vortex with modding DFU currently?
I would recommend using Mod Organizer 2 instead. Installing some DFU mods, that aren't packaged correctly, with Vortex is a pain. And Mod Organizer is just better in every regard imo.

I don't think updating should be a problem. (Just silently delete the old DFU folder and replace it with an updated one)
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.