Link to the Multiplayer Test

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
LypyL

Link to the Multiplayer Test

Post by LypyL »

I guess I should probably put this up here :)

http://daggerfallunityonline.host22.com/

Arctus

Re: Link to the Multiplayer Test

Post by Arctus »

Whatever happened to all of this? I still want to be able to send some people zombie-mail.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

I tried to reply to this the other day but the forums went down when I was trying to submit my comment and I completely forgot about it! :lol:

This was always supposed to be a test or proof of concept, I actually took it farther than I ever intended to. Due to the fact it relied heavily on changes to the core DFTFU files, it became to time consuming to keep updating it. What I want in the future is some kind of open source co-op competent as part of a larger Daggerfall project. I've started testing out Unity's new UNET multiplayer api but there are a lot of questions about how it will work so I put that on hold for now. I might have to revisit the idea after Interkarma's announcement. :D
I still want to be able to send some people zombie-mail.
You lost me here...what is zombie-mail? :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

There's a quest in DF where the King of Worms sends you a letter via zombie. After killing the zombie, you get a popup about a letter stitched into its flesh. Dead-cool way to send a message. :lol:

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Derp, I can't believe I didn't get that :lol:

FlinchCat

Post by FlinchCat »

Anybody on? Because I am.

GoodKarma

Post by GoodKarma »

Hello i saw this the other day and was impressed. any work on when NPCs and mobs will be in game?

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Thanks! That will pretty much be determined by the single player implementation, which is the focus right now. I'll revisit the multiplayer once the singleplayer is fleshed out, though at this point it's going to be more like starting over from scratch! :D