Custom UI Mods

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Uncanny_Valley

Re: Custom UI Mods

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

@interkarma

I completely agree that the classic-styled UI should be the default fallback. Daggerfall Unity should be what its name implies, playing Daggerfall in the Unity Engine, with some minor improvements perhaps but otherwise faithful to the original experience. Anything else comes down to optional mods.

I want to create a easy way to mod the UI, both with minor changes from the default classic style or making complete overhauls. I'm not yet sure how this could be implemented into Daggerfall Unity, but at some point It would require recreating or "exporting" the classic styled UI that you created into this Lua based system, giving people a base to start creating mods from.

Th3AustralianGam3r

Post by Th3AustralianGam3r »

Hello, i am working on creating a redesign for The Elder Scroll II: Daggerfall title in a more modern version. please let me know what i should add and fix and give me your thoughts.

Thank You.
Comp 1_00000.jpg
Comp 1_00000.jpg (150.89 KiB) Viewed 5616 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Th3AustralianGam3r, welcome to the forums. :)

Uncanny_Valley, just so you know I sent Th3AustralianGam3r here from Twitter as I thought this might be able to tie into your UI project in some way. My apologies to all if this was misdirected.

Th3AustralianGam3r, your logo looks nice and clean - really great work! Did you see this as a replacement for the opening title card that plays when Daggerfall starts (which is one of the many .VID movies) or did you have something else in mind for it?

Th3AustralianGam3r

Interkarma wrote:Hey Th3AustralianGam3r, welcome to the forums. :)

Uncanny_Valley, just so you know I sent Th3AustralianGam3r here from Twitter as I thought this might be able to tie into your UI project in some way. My apologies to all if this was misdirected.

Th3AustralianGam3r, your logo looks nice and clean - really great work! Did you see this as a replacement for the opening title card that plays when Daggerfall starts (which is one of the many .VID movies) or did you have something else in mind for it?
I was more thinking about using it in the main menu title, but can add it in the opening for the time being, it would be great if we can find someone that can recreate the opening in full CG and i can work on the video effects if needed. i will be working on the 3D Daggerfall Symbol which will be a Ebonheart Pact to add into the main menu similar to (Skyrim Imperial Legion Symbol).

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It reminds me in concept of the alternate Oblivion title screen mods, which are good. The design looks great.

Th3AustralianGam3r

Update on the Daggerfall design.
Comp 1_00000.jpg
Comp 1_00000.jpg (258.79 KiB) Viewed 5530 times

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Great that you working on some altentive gui. I lile your title overall, not sure about about the "blood drip" effect on the e and the "l"s. But maybe it's just me.

My goal is to make it easier to mod the ui in daggerfall for unity, and it' proven a bit difficult to do right. But when I finally make som real progress, it will be great to have some examples to test out. :)

Th3AustralianGam3r

Uncanny_Valley wrote:Great that you working on some altentive gui. I lile your title overall, not sure about about the "blood drip" effect on the e and the "l"s. But maybe it's just me.

My goal is to make it easier to mod the ui in daggerfall for unity, and it' proven a bit difficult to do right. But when I finally make som real progress, it will be great to have some examples to test out. :)
Hi the font that i am using for Daggerfall is a placeholder until i find a good font to use i am using the Planewalker font which is used for The Elder Scrolls title.

My next bit i will be working on is the line part on the bottom of the TES part in the title.
I want to try and make this look perfect.

Th3AustralianGam3r

Just a little update now working on full 3D
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (285 KiB) Viewed 5427 times

Sun's Dawn

Post by Sun's Dawn »

Proportions are everything in a title/logotype. The last L looks more dominant than the initial D, so the D should be slightly bigger or the L slightly smaller. The F should be wider and the spacing needs adjustment. Otherwise good.