Ideas for Remastered Daggerfall

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Eimant

Ideas for Remastered Daggerfall

Post by Eimant »

Hi I have ideas for remastered Daggerfall that I would like to share it hope it help improving it.

Ideas for improving terrain
Making terrain more hily,adding more trees to landscape as well as adding a bigger variety of tree textures,adding lumberjacks huts with lumberjacks chopping woods nearby or sawing them with saw,active mines with neutral miners,Adding lonely shackles in forests,hidden chests below tree roots,hostile,neutral and passive wild animals like bears,goats,bunnies,deers,wolfs.
Obelisks with something written on them(Like clues off chest location or something related to Daggerfall storyline),Roque campsites,Ruins of towns that were burned or destroyed during a war.

Game play ideas.
Race horse which would be 20 percents faster 4x more expensive then regular horse and has disadvantage- It gets scared by monsters and drops you on the ground when you get close to monsters.

Horse riding skill which could speed up horse riding 10-20 percents at 100 percent.

More expensive fast traveling to encourage players explore terrain if it gets improved
and to make traveling from one side to another much more expensive so players would not be spoiled by terrain in different regions too early.

Dynamic wars between cities(This could be rare event).Houses and rarely towns could be destroyed during thees wars or roque army attacks.And they could be a way to continue main quest if town(or city) which is required for storyline gets destroyed(or perhaps thees towns and cites could have some extra protection )/

Dynamic cities which could get a bit different over time like during 10 game years new houses could be built or old ones could have something different like different colored carpets or roofs.

Also I think it would be nice if nudizm would be removed

I'l expand it later.
Last edited by Eimant on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LypyL

Re: Ideas for Remastered Daggerfall

Post by LypyL »

Welcome to the forums Eimant! Great first post, a lot of good ideas there.
Dynamic wars between cities(This could be rare event).Houses and rarely towns could be destroyed during thees wars or roque army attacks.And they could be a way to continue main quest if town(or city) which is required for storyline gets destroyed(or perhaps thees towns and cites could have some extra protection )/
IIRC, cities being sieged was originally supposed to be a thing. I've been playing around with the idea of armies in my head for a long time now...that could be interesting :lol:

Biboran

Re: Ideas for Remastered Daggerfall

Post by Biboran »

Interesting topic. :) I also think that the game needed refining. But, somewhat in the opposite direction. Primarily, it would be cool another system for landscape and another landscape base. I saw something like this on XL forums Image
This is a very rough map, but I hope you understand what I mean.
Also, you need a slightly different study landscape on a smaller scale. Cause it http://www.dfworkshop.net/wp-content/up ... ilemap.png very ugly, as for me.
Another important task - to get rid of sprites and monsters categories. Make NPC more similar to the way it was in the later parts of the TES series.
And many many other things. In other words, do Daggerfall much more manual work, like TESIII.
Here's an example of what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9-ulf4kVm0

It can not be done completely, but you can gradually recycle generator landscape remake major central cities and towns, add special places. Rethink dungeon too. I do not like a random pile of rooms, you lose touch with reality. More specific and well-developed underground. For example, if it ruins Nordic there undead, draugr. And the room and texture match nordskomu dungeon. Likewise Dwemer dungeons, tombs and so on.

But all these ideas can be implemented when the end of tools development, and you can play in vanilla tesII. Besides, there you have somebody strength to implement project like this?