(NSFW Mod) Prostitution

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
andromacus

Re: (NSFW Mod) Prostitution

Post by andromacus »

I think a good way to potentially implement prostitution in Daggerfall could be this one.

Prostitutes won't give any "bonus" (no recharge nor skill increase or whatever), but the game would show to the player from time to time a message, similarly to what happens with lychantropy (the "you feel the need to hunt for innocents" - in this case could be something like "you feel the need to satisfy your lust" or something similar :D ), and the only way for the player to get rid of this tedious message would be to look for a prostitute and pay. Then the message won't be shown again for a random amount of days (I would say a good amount to NOT make this become a central topic of the game)

Other ideas I could propose for a possible mod could be the following:

Street prostitutes: in medium-big cities, make these NPCs appear in random locations in the streets at night
Turn some taverns into brothels: especially in big cities it won't make a big difference to have 1 or 2 taverns less. Those could be turned into brothels, maybe of different qualities (poor or luxury brothels)

Some temples (e.g. Dibella) could offer access to their prostitutes to their acolytes (maybe for a fee for the low level ones and for free for the high rank ones)

Also, there could be a system of pros and cons: for example, the less quality of the prostitute is, the less is the cost but the time in which the "need" message reappears would be shorter and there could be an higher chance to get a disease. The rank (from lower to higher) could be the following:

1. Street prostitutes
2. Tavern ones (those already appearing in the standard inns of Daggerfall)
3. Low quality brothel ones
4. Luxury brothel ones
5. Temple ones (for acolytes only, no risk of disease)

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

(I probably shouldn't respond to this early in the morning after a long weekend... I'm not sure what state my brain is in right now)
andromacus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:03 am Prostitutes won't give any "bonus" (no recharge nor skill increase or whatever), but the game would show to the player from time to time a message, similarly to what happens with lychantropy (the "you feel the need to hunt for innocents" - in this case could be something like "you feel the need to satisfy your lust" or something similar :D ), and the only way for the player to get rid of this tedious message would be to look for a prostitute and pay. Then the message won't be shown again for a random amount of days (I would say a good amount to NOT make this become a central topic of the game)
I might go with something more along the lines of "You find yourself staring at women in the street / the inn keeper's daughter/ whatever" and maybe a message after you rest about "difficulty forcing yourself to wake from your hedonistic dreams". For people who are better with words than I am, I could also see having levels of distraction/dreams based on how long it's been.

And, of course, any such system will need to provide descriptions and solutions for people who prefer men (which then gets us into the realm of needing to ask the player what sexual preference their character has, which seems like it would turn into a scripting challenge. There also need to be several choices, no mutual exclusion, covering gender, race, species, undead, etc... If we're going here, then we need to remember that sexual preferences vary over a considerable spectrum. Heh -- another use for language skills besides pacifying enemies... If you have a necrophiliac bent, being able to sweet talk vampires and mummies would be a skill you'd want to work on)

(My mind just wandered down an unpleasant path that I definitely DON'T want to see implemented, and is probably part of why I wanted different phrasing than "you feel the need to satisfy your lust" -- the possibility of rape. On the one hand, this game already supports giving into lycanthropic bloodlust and murdering innocents, but that is still fantastical enough to keep separated from reality. I don't ever want players to be able to "satisfy their lust" by breaking into a house and forcing someone into sex. Just another reason to take a slow and measured approach to this mod...)

As for effects that I could see this having on people:
  • Less restful sleep -- healing or specifically spell point recharge rates might slow down more and more the longer you go
  • Spell failure rate increases -- gets harder to concentrate...
  • Etiquette skill decreases -- harder to be suave and sophisticated with blood flowing away from your brain
  • Not sure how to affect fighter types -- increased aggression, but any way I can think of to express that would probably be a buff to a fighter type. Decreased Critical Hit chance, maybe, as you're more likely to go into rage hitting instead of the measured and deliberate skill needed for critical hits...
  • Anything else that would be impacted by tension and distraction...

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

I would personally keep this as simple as possible, with no bonus nor stats affection of any kind, otherwise the game would become too centered on this, while this should be in my opinion just a minor "side" feature. That's why I proposed as only reason to go in search of a prostitute from time to time would be to get rid of a somewhat tedious message.

About gender preferences, I would make it very simple: just add some male prostitutes and let the player decide where to go.

And finally I totally agree with the "no rape" topic, my proposal of the tedious message ("you feel the need to satiate your lust) was only to give the idea, any better wording would make the work.

Modulaire

Post by Modulaire »

andromacus wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:42 am I would personally keep this as simple as possible, with no bonus nor stats affection of any kind, otherwise the game would become too centered on this, while this should be in my opinion just a minor "side" feature. That's why I proposed as only reason to go in search of a prostitute from time to time would be to get rid of a somewhat tedious message.

About gender preferences, I would make it very simple: just add some male prostitutes and let the player decide where to go.

And finally I totally agree with the "no rape" topic, my proposal of the tedious message ("you feel the need to satiate your lust) was only to give the idea, any better wording would make the work.
But, about the statistics, why not just give a bonus to the "Kingdom Come Delivrance", where, when you go to see prostitutes, you therefore have a drop in your Endurance attribute but an increase in personality during one small moment, it is simplistic and "coherent" to a certain extent without affecting anything more than that.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

I've been following this thread for some time now and I definitely think people are over thinking it. For my own amusement and for the purposes of learning how to write quests I set myself the task of creating a Prostitutes and Lovers Quest Pack. This is not a new guild or anything, its just some quests added to the mix.

Its just a bit of fun really, but with this quest pack you get:
Commoners that may now ask you to prostitute yourself, or they may prostitute themselves, or they may simply want a fling with you. This of course includes the prostitutes already existing in the game.
Nobles will not prostitute themselves, but they may ask you to prostitute yourself and they may want a fling with you.

For more details:
See the topic here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3842
Or the NEXUS page here: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/102
Last edited by harbinger451 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:15 pm
UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:07 pm You need to compile it with the Daggerfall Unity mod builder.
Why not just release the .dfmod?
Okay I decided to release it on the Nexus.
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/96