(NSFW Mod) Prostitution

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Kamer

Re: (NSFW Mod) Prostitution

Post by Kamer »

Okay dorks, I'm still not gonna invested the time in to create an actual "Guild" at least for now. However, I can at least put some into the game world and give the option to you know what. It won't be put into it's own quest pack. At least for now. Atm I'm kinda merging it into Warm Ashes city events. It won't be a random encounter or event but rather while WA is randomly selecting things to happen, people from the Prostitutes guild will be added to the city allowing you to do you know what. It's still being tested, but will likely be one of the extra other things I will add to cities. The other thing I'm working on are Bards and their massive amounts of unused text.

Spoiler!
Me and the girls going uhhhhh "Shopping"

greenlight

Post by greenlight »

Lots of good ideas in this thread, but also some I am not very fond of. To clarify:

I think it would be best to implement prostitution/sex in a way that is consistent with whats already in the game, and not to force our own ideas of prostitution too much into the game. As I see it, the society in the game is fairly sex-positive, since books like "Rude Song" or "The Real Barenziah III" are widespread (read them if you haven't). Also, nudity is commonly seen in taverns and temples, and I don't know a single in-game reference where sexuality is criminalized.

Thus, I don't think prostitutes should be implemented as "whores" which are poor and of low social standing, but rather as respected people who mostly enjoy their occupation. Different prostitutes would focus on different needs, so in small towns you'll rather find "general" ones, while in larger cities a larger and more specialized variety can emerge.

The connection to the Temple of Dibella is to be debated - maybe Ted Peterson has some ideas on this. I personally would suggest that there is an occasional collaboration and general tolerance between prostitutes and their "holy colleagues", where most members of the temple see prostitutes as very ordinary and honourable messengers of love and joy, and most prostitutes admire the spiritual devotion and "purity" of members of the temple. Of course there would be conflicts as well, since some prostitutes might want to be free from the religious implications of their job, while some very religious people at the temple might complain about the lacking divine aspect of ordinary prostitution.

At last: While female prostitution is probably far more common than male one, the latter should also exist. there are also (almost) naked men in the Temple of Dibella, and I don't see any reason why male people should be excluded from offering sexual services.

pango

Post by pango »

While looking for playable orc race patch, I found that the author also wrote some quests for a prostitutes guild, maybe there's some ideas to salvage?
http://ghastley.org/Daggerfall/Docs/Prostitutes.html
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

Seeing as no one has apparently done this yet, or publicly released it, I very quickly in a week whipped up a mod to add a prostitutes guild to the game. It has 13 quests, and allows the player to either join OR engage in certain activities. Belongs to the commoner social group and vanilla unused prostitutes guild group. Allied with the Dibellan temple, and enemies with the merchants (I figured that if people are spending what little money they have on women instead of store goods then merchants might be a little bit upset by the lost business). I originally wanted there to be a "benefit" to hiring a prostitute such as fatigue regenerated, and the ability to have time pass once you've engaged their service (maybe a fade to black screen?), I gave up on that since I'm not good at programming in C# and I don't think it's possible to implement that in any form anyway.
Thanks to Hazlenut whose Archaeologist guild code I copy-pasted and edited slightly for my own needs.
Also ignore the title, I came up with it at a time when I was thinking about adding a dating/marriage system to counterbalance the floozies.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzixhcrxi ... t.zip/file

The_son_of_farore

Post by The_son_of_farore »

UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:57 am Also ignore the title, I came up with it at a time when I was thinking about adding a dating/marriage system to counterbalance the floozies.
That would be pretty awesome too. Really there needs to be more implementation first before it could go anywhere. (Maybe some new assets too.)
I for one appreciate the contribution. How much C+ would it need to implement an effect?

laika0203

Post by laika0203 »

UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:57 am Seeing as no one has apparently done this yet, or publicly released it, I very quickly in a week whipped up a mod to add a prostitutes guild to the game. It has 13 quests, and allows the player to either join OR engage in certain activities. Belongs to the commoner social group and vanilla unused prostitutes guild group. Allied with the Dibellan temple, and enemies with the merchants (I figured that if people are spending what little money they have on women instead of store goods then merchants might be a little bit upset by the lost business). I originally wanted there to be a "benefit" to hiring a prostitute such as fatigue regenerated, and the ability to have time pass once you've engaged their service (maybe a fade to black screen?), I gave up on that since I'm not good at programming in C# and I don't think it's possible to implement that in any form anyway.
Thanks to Hazlenut whose Archaeologist guild code I copy-pasted and edited slightly for my own needs.
Also ignore the title, I came up with it at a time when I was thinking about adding a dating/marriage system to counterbalance the floozies.

So how do I actually install it? Sorry if that's a noob question.

Crosser0987

Post by Crosser0987 »

I would also like to know how to install this

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

laika0203 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:51 am
UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:57 am Seeing as no one has apparently done this yet, or publicly released it, I very quickly in a week whipped up a mod to add a prostitutes guild to the game. It has 13 quests, and allows the player to either join OR engage in certain activities. Belongs to the commoner social group and vanilla unused prostitutes guild group. Allied with the Dibellan temple, and enemies with the merchants (I figured that if people are spending what little money they have on women instead of store goods then merchants might be a little bit upset by the lost business). I originally wanted there to be a "benefit" to hiring a prostitute such as fatigue regenerated, and the ability to have time pass once you've engaged their service (maybe a fade to black screen?), I gave up on that since I'm not good at programming in C# and I don't think it's possible to implement that in any form anyway.

Crosser0987 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:03 pm I would also like to know how to install this
You need to compile it with the Daggerfall Unity mod builder.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:07 pm You need to compile it with the Daggerfall Unity mod builder.
Why not just release the .dfmod?
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Crosser0987

Post by Crosser0987 »

UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:07 pm
laika0203 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:51 am

Crosser0987 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:03 pm I would also like to know how to install this
You need to compile it with the Daggerfall Unity mod builder.
I tried doing that before and it never works i cant even find the mod builder in unity i looked up tutorials and stuff but it just doesn't work why not just release it as a dfmod file? Or would someone on here be so kind and compile it for us?