[Mod]: Telescope

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
User avatar
King of Worms
Posts: 2739
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Scourg Barrow (CZ)
Contact:

Re: [Mod]: Telescope

Post by King of Worms » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:25 am

Lovely mod and some great ideas flying around, I agree that some lens distortion would be fantastic, and maybe a lens dirt.

User avatar
Hazelnut
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:46 pm
Contact:

Re: [Mod]: Telescope

Post by Hazelnut » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 am

This looks really interesting, do you have a code repo on github?

One of the things on my todo list is to add modding functionality for new items so I am curious about how you added the new item graphic.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

theJF
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:34 am

Re: [Mod]: Telescope

Post by theJF » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:37 pm

When I try to use the telescope nothing happens. I can see the settings correctly in the mods menu at startup. I tried de-activating a few other mods in case of conflict. But nothing happens. I've attached a save in case that helps. Couldn't see anything in the log files. Thanks for any help!
Attachments
SAVE123.zip
(213.53 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Asesino
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:14 am

Re: [Mod]: Telescope

Post by Asesino » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:58 am

L57 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:01 am
Really great idea. Thank you a lot.
Cheers! :)
King of Worms wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:25 am
Lovely mod and some great ideas flying around, I agree that some lens distortion would be fantastic, and maybe a lens dirt.
Thanks KoW! I will look into some ways to distort and dirty up the lens.
Hazelnut wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 am
This looks really interesting, do you have a code repo on github?

One of the things on my todo list is to add modding functionality for new items so I am curious about how you added the new item graphic.
I had high hopes to replace the inventory icon. (My original plan was to design binoculars but I couldn't get the icon to appear). the telescope is actually part of the original images. It is 208_0.

I don't have my repo on github, but if you click extract text in the mods section, you can see the code. I don't have any textures or anything, so the code is all that is needed to rebuild the source.
theJF wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:37 pm
When I try to use the telescope nothing happens. I can see the settings correctly in the mods menu at startup. I tried de-activating a few other mods in case of conflict. But nothing happens. I've attached a save in case that helps. Couldn't see anything in the log files. Thanks for any help!
I am sorry theJF, that you are having issues with the mod. Unfortunately, I can't seem to replicate the issue that caused your error. Can you tell me what version of DFU you are using?

In the meantime, you can get this save working with the telescope by editing SaveData.txt. The data for the telescope starts on line 1725. To get the telescope working, please change line 1751 from:

"className": null,
to
"className": "Telescope",

That got it working for me. The issue is that the class wasn't assigned to the telescope; that class contains the logic that runs the telescope.


thanks
a

Post Reply