[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks. Technically, you can use animation smoothing, including walk bobs.

I prefer non-classic/smoothed animations, directional attacking, and physical weapons. This gives you a experience similar to a modern fighter like Mordau. If you want Skyrim feel, turn off directional attacking and turn on movement based attacking.

However, the offhand animations are not 100% aligned yet, especially the melee.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Updated the front page with information on the features and what they do. I had not added some of the newer features with their explanation.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Pushed new version. This version fixes all offhand smooth attack animations, except for werecreature claws. I still need to check those.
  • Fixed all melee smooth animations for offhand attack. Now all animations play properly, including thumb positioning.
  • Fixed axe down swing offhand smooth animation.
  • Fixed single handed flail animations (THIS IS A COMPATIBILITY CODE PATCH FOR ROLEPLAY REALISM ITEMS THAT ADD THE LIGHT FLAIL)
  • Fixed dagger offhand smooth animations for left and right attacks.
After years of work, 60 FPS animations with recoil animations and object hit detection is here.

Outside a few small fixes, I think this is feature complete for 1.0 release. Thanks Devs for accepting the speedchanger updates to the base build so I could get this release out.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I pushed an update.
  • Werewolf smooth animations now work for both hands properly.
  • Bob code was rebuilt and synced together. Now both hands will bob opposite of each other to simulate real life movement always. Before it would desync and look weird.
With this most recent update, all animations should be smoothed and ready to go. I feel there is some more fine tuning I can do, but I'm happy enough to move on to the last few bugs/fixes that need to be done before official drop.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great job on releasing it, I was observing this project from a start, big fan! Cant wait to test it out when I have a DFU gaming session somewhere in the - hopefuly near - future.

Thank you!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Some small things. The offhand weapon arc hasn't been flipped yet, so it will actually do the opposite direction hit ray arc.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Pushed another update:
Arccast Fixed, Parry Sparks Update
  • Updated arccast so shoots the proper direction for the current attack animation for both main and offhand attacks.
  • Updated sparks to generate in more logical, real position depending on enemy height.
  • Fixed bug where parry animations were still shooting raycast for hits causing you to hit enemies, even when you should not.
With this update, all major issues are addressed, outside unfound testing bugs.

I still am going to redo the parry animation, so it doesn't have cutoffs anymore. I'm thinking about having it choose from a random left, right, stab attacks and speed them up. This will give it the enchantment animation with magical weapon and fix the cutoff issue for certain weapons, like the axe and warhammer.

I'll get a dream patch up next, so dream users can also use it.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Good news King of Worms. Found the issue with dream textures and the code. It works now with dream textures; No more weird glitchy block texture. However, because of code differences in how imported textures are loaded, I need to redo the smoothing animations for a number of weapons and attacks. I'm not going to push the update until I fix all animations.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Look what I got done today Kind of Worms. Your sprites give the animations another level of realism.

I slowed down the frames by a factor of three and resynced and redid a large number of animations. Also, cleaned up some of the code. Every clip issue is gone, other than 2; the parry and the warhammer down strike.

Now, just need to get in the hi-res shields, and I'm pretty close to done.

I'll push an update soon. Need to flip some offhand frames first though.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great job man! So glad our mods will be compatible, they indeed compliment each other :ugeek:

About the HD shields, Ive send you my versions of it in the past, but than Ive seen you have been donated (or created) more fitting ones (the shape respects the Daggerfall shields better) so I will give it a try and make those HD today and send it to you. (Edit: files sent as PM)

PS some notes on the footage, constructive criticism towards a work I enjoy:

-in the video, Ive noticed that the hammer was reacting to the bat, even if it was not a hit (around 0:50 time) No hit sound, no blood, but the hammer bounced back. Why? Does not appear logical to me? If there is no hit, the hammer should go thru?

- the axe attack after 0:16 looks off. I get it its most likely because its a off hand weapon and that causes its own set of issues?

- weapon recoil after hitting the wall - how to describe it - when u for example use dagger and hit the walls (1:24) I think the collision borders should be somehow moved. Reduction of the distance at which weapons interact with the walls might be my suggestion, it looks off to me. Like the dagger got recoiled before it actually hit the wall? (Not sure this is doable, there are most likely some limitations I have no idea about)