[wip] Extra Biography histories

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Ninelan

[wip] Extra Biography histories

Post by Ninelan »

Extra Biography Histories
This here is a small compendium for the various texts in relation to the randomised backgrounds that the game generates for you. As it is possible to add new ones thanks to Kab, might as well crack the writing fingers and start working on this~
Contributions are welcome! Just post your text here on the thread and I'll link to them so they're easier to find when needed.

Helpful links:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Background
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Background_History

Some limitations:
No custom class backgrounds: but the game tries its best to predict what you made. Plus the vanilla backgrounds are vague enough to apply to many different kinds of classes.
Uriel's friend: The story ends with you being seen favourably by the Emperor. It should serve as a segue to the intro of Daggerfall.
Macros: You can't expand macros inside macros.
Answer length: They can't go over 64 characters.
Answers: A single question can have 3 answers. (They can be used together to get a longer text)

The backgrounds

{Class: Identifying theme} -By Author
Link

{Mage: Highborn Godmother and you, the Student} -By Ninelan
viewtopic.php?p=57806#p57806

{Knight: Father Replaced with a Daedra} -By Ninelan
viewtopic.php?p=57834#p57834

{Warrior: The Son and his Bodyguard on the run} -13thsyndicate
viewtopic.php?p=57773#p57773

{Assassin: Noble's fall from Grace} -By Ninelan
viewtopic.php?p=57781#p57781

{Rogue: Half Sibling Rivalry} -By Ninelan
viewtopic.php?p=57835#p57835
Last edited by Ninelan on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 14 times in total.
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

Ninelan

Re: [wip] Extra Biography histories

Post by Ninelan »

[saved just in case]

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Mage.
(This bio is outdated)
Spoiler!
Never knowing your parents, you spent your youth in the turbulent care of your mother's sister;
Of all disagreeable types, you have the most personal hatred for ___.
(1)Sanctimonious priests

a priestess who never seemed to extend the same kind of doting care to you as to others.
(2)Diabolic wizards
a woman who cared little for your safety in her often dangerous laboratory home.
(3)Stupid peasants
a gentlewoman who was always scornful of those of lesser breeding.
(4)Power-mad robber barons
the apathetic baroness that saw you more as a burden than close kin.
(5)Immoral assassins
an indifferent and mysterious woman who spent many nights away from home and spoke very little of herself.

Even though her presence in your early years was minimal, she left you to explore her endless library and enchanting gardens to your heart's content and even hired a tutor to introduce you to the arcane arts as you grew older.
You have the most trouble ___.
(1)Resisting poisons

While your curiosity always got in the way of your study, as you couldn't keep your hands away from your tutor's often poisonous reagents, nevertheless, you learned much from first-hand experiences.
Despite being supervised, you nevertheless got hold of your tutor's often poisonous reagents, some of which might have permanently affected you later in life.
(2)Staying awake and alert
While you often had trouble staying focused during his drawn-out lectures, nevertheless, you always impressed him with your progress.
(3)Getting along with others
While you dutifully studied with him, he even became a pillar in your life. Looking back, however, you only now realize just how lonely you were.
(4)Avoiding diseases
Even though you struggled due to your frail health, missing out on much valuable time studying, your dedication never faltered.
(5)Resisting magic
Even though your body seemed weaker when in the presence of magic, it would not stop you from becoming a brilliant and talented student in years to come.
(6)Fighting without magic
You were his favourite, and the passion you showed for his teaching overshadowed any other field of interest you might have had.

As you slowly matured, one day, your aunt called you into her study. You were anxious about what she might have to say to you, but your eyes glimmered as she proposed that you move to the city. There you would continue expanding your knowledge in a more professional setting, as you had far outgrown your tutor's knowledge.
You quickly took on the opportunity to move far away from her, but you could never quite shake the feeling of loss as you would leave your home and everything you knew behind. The following day you began packing your few possessions, and within the week, you set out to the city.

Your days as a student were filled to the brim with endless piles of reading material and boring essays. While there were few days of rest, nevertheless you would find ways to entertain yourself. Especially when your newly acquired friend, {male name},
You are intimate friends with ___.
(1)a monk

a quiet but devoted scholar,
(2)a mage
from the same class as you,
(3)a rogue
a cunning and sharp-tongued youth
(4)a warrior
who’s as large as a bear,
(5)an assassin
who was kinder than his facade could show,

would come knocking on your window at night.
On one such evening, you both snuck outside, hoping to catch a performance in a nearby theatre.
You never were concerned that the streets might have been dangerous, but while making your way, you and your friend heard a distressing shriek from one of the side alleys.
From there, a young man of similar age to you came running by, pleading for help. Behind him were two agents, neither of which seemed like honest men.
What school of magic have you been studying the most?
(1)Destruction

{male name} grabbed the stranger's arm and ran off without you. Instinctively your fingertips released shocking sparks at the two assailants as they were about to strike you down, paralyzing them long enough for you to join up with your friend further down the alley.
(2)Restoration
{male name} ran forward to intercept the strangers as you grabbed the young man's arm and ran off.
Feeling wetness in your grip, you soon noticed that it was blood. Hiding in a dark alley, you cured the strangers' wound, a stab wound to his left arm, with a simple healing touch.
When your friend tracked you down, he urged everyone to keep moving.
(3)Illusion
{male name} grabbed both your and the stranger's arm, pulling you into the alley. You knew you wouldn't be able to outrun them, and as soon as you took a turn into the darkness, you cast Chameleon Form on everyone. Blending into the background, the two men ran past as if no soul was present. After they were long gone from sight, you led them the opposite way.
(4)Alteration
Perhaps you and {male name} felt like heroes today, and as you grabbed the stranger's arm to help him escape, you soon found yourself climbing buildings and using Slowfalling to leap to safety. Not long after, the agents could not keep up with your escape.
This evening proved more exciting than the performance you wanted to see.
(5)Thaumaturgy
{male name} ran forward to intercept the assailants while you took the stranger's hand and ran into the darkness. With a simple detect spell, you navigated through the labyrinthian alleys far away from them. During the escape, you found your way to your friend, slightly beaten but still well.
(6)Mysticism
You called out back at the young man, and {male name} took his arm as you three ran into the alleys. One of the agents proved themselves to be a nightblade as his hands began to sparkle in familiar Force Bolts. With quick thinking, you Far Silence him before any of you could be paralyzed. In their moment of confusion, you slipped deeper into the dark streets.

Your group spent the rest of the evening hiding in your room, and you could never quite comprehend what had just happened. The stranger, who thanked the two of you profusely, introduced himself as {imperialname}.
The next night he left after promising to repay the kindness that you two had shown him.
You never made much of the event afterwards, and life resumed as ever.

After the year had gone by, it was time to return home to your aunt's estate for the time being. You were much wiser and more mature than the last time you were here, and the relationship between you two had warmed, if only slightly.
One day as you were researching in your private study, your aunt entered with a smile on her face that you rarely ever saw directed at you. She announced that it was a letter from the imperial city before placing it on the desk and sliding it your way.
You took it into your hand and inspected the waxy seal. It bore the emblem of the Emperor.
Last edited by Ninelan on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

Glad to finally see someone working on biographies :)

I like the questionnaire integration into the story. It's different from what the classic biographies do, and in a good way. The ending also leaves a bit of a gap between "here's how you helped the emperor" and getting to know him, which can be a good thing for letting the player fill the gap themselves.

My only minor suggestion: for the "trouble resisting poison", maybe you could specify that one of the reagents permanently compromised your "immune system" (maybe said in a more fantasy manner). You'd think first hand experience testing toxins would help develop resistance.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Kab the Bird Ranger wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:40 am My only minor suggestion: for the "trouble resisting poison", maybe you could specify that one of the reagents permanently compromised your "immune system" (maybe said in a more fantasy manner). You'd think first hand experience testing toxins would help develop resistance.
That is an excellent suggestion. I've actually completed that variant last as I just simply couldn't think of how the poison option could be involved in that segment when all the others were like a breeze! I'll give it some extra thought on how to word it and incorporate it soon.

And on the latter. Thank you! I plan to cover different social stations, origins and story flavours, including the ambiguity of just what kind of relationship you have with Uriel. But I think I'm most inspired by the bittersweet sentimentality of the 'Monk' background.
As far as I know, 13thsyndicte is making one that's a lot more involved with the Emperor's family.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

KNIGHT ALT
(This bio is outdated v2)
Spoiler!
You spent your days of youth
What motivates you into a life of adventure?
a. Riches

finding trinkets treasures, no matter how insignificant to an adult's eye.
b. Fame
leading a clique of friends, trying to impress them at any opportunity you could.
c. Knowledge
paging through endless piles of textbooks, even if they were beyond your current level of understanding.
d. Fun
entertaining your friends with jokes and puns.
e. Helping Others,
playing with street urchins and keeping them company too.

With the prestigious stations that your parents held, seemingly any opportunity in life was open to you.
Your mother was an adoring and dutiful sorceress of the Arcane University, and she told you and your siblings of the mythical {home province feature} of {home province}, fueling your curiosity of the world. Your father, {male name}, on the other hand, was not only your role model, but he was also one of the esteemed Emperor's Guard.

While {male name} was often away on duty, any time he was home, the family was his priority. As you wished to follow in his footsteps, he made sure to equip you with the skills that would become invaluable later in life;
You spend any free time you have training with ___. (1)
a. Short-bladed weapons,

namely how to fight with concealed blades in a disadvantageous situation.
b. Hand-to-hand combat,
of which the most important lesson was how to grapple and kick hard.
c. Axe fighting,
making sure you would know how to handle an axe. No matter if it was a lumberjack's tool or a soldier's weapon. In your hands, it would always be deadly.
d. Blunt weapons,
namely how to properly swing a mace and where to hit to be effective.
e. Archery,
making sure you always shoot your target dead in the centre with a bow and arrow, no matter your surrounding stressors.
f. Longblade,
of which the most important lesson was how to spar effectively with swords. You soon became deadly proficient in your skill.

Yet those pleasant days would soon become but a fleeting memory of better times. One day when your father was to come home, the days of his absence slowly progressed into a week. Your worry, however, did not disappear when he slumped his way back home. He knew not your mother's name, and you and your siblings might have just been the same person in his mind at that point. While {male name}'s delirium improved with time, he was no longer himself.
He grew abusive and violent, vehemently loathing any moment he had to spend at his residence. Your family would often be at the brunt of his fits of abuse for many years to come.

One late night, your mother, in tears, confided to you that they must leave him now, explaining that while {male name} was once her better half, the husband she loved so much was dead, he might as well be a stranger to her now.
You held onto the hope that your father was still himself deep within, and you told your mother reluctantly that you won’t leave him behind. Tearfully she retreated to her private study, returning to present you with

You were loaned and later allowed to keep ___.
a. 200 gold pieces,

a small pouch of savings for hard times.
b. A great book,
her favourite book you could remember her by.
c. A cuirass,
an Iron Cuirass that used to belong to her sibling.
d. Pauldrons,
a set of iron pauldrons that she was saving for you.
e. A dai-katana,
a steel Dai-Katana which belonged to her.

Quietly rousing your younger siblings, your mother only left after giving you a long and warm hug. The following day, {male name} was indifferent at the whole situation, surprised only at the fact that you did not depart with them.

As years passed by, you were better able to defend yourself from him, yet the fights between you two only grew more violent. There were even days you nearly feared for your life.
It has been almost a decade since that day when the person you loved most had turned vile, and today he acted even worse than his usual self. He reached for the door, stating the emperor needs him, yet you would place yourself before the exit, confronting him about his past vices.
{male name} snarled with an otherworldly rumble, threatening to kill you here and now. His threat was not empty, and you braced yourself for the worst.

You spend any free time you have training with ___. (2)
a. Short-bladed weapons,

He grabbed you by the throat and began thrashing the back of your head against a wall. In a quick motion of a reflex, you pulled a hidden blade from your hip, stabbing it deep into {male name}'s side. He let go of your neck in a shrieking howl, and you had a brief moment of regret that passed the moment you saw his body morph and contort into something not of this world. You rushed in for the final blow to his head, and as the deed was done; before your feet was not the body of your father, but the remains of a Daedra.
b. Hand-to-hand combat,
He grabbed you by the throat and began thrashing you against a wall. You managed to free yourself with a distracting punch to his face. {male name} stepped away from you, grasping his own face. Reaching once more for you, he revealed his true self as a Daedra. The fight was long and brutal, yet you still prevailed.
c. Axe fighting,
He reached for his sword and swung it to take out your head. You dodged and rushed behind the house, pulling out an axe from a log just in time to block another of his strikes. This time you no longer stared at the face of your father but the vile face of a Daedra. With precise swings and strikes, your final blow was a deadly one.
d. Blunt weapons,
He reached for his sword and aimed it at your heart. Despite having no weapon at hand, you grabbed various tools from pans to brooms to strike him with. Every blow of yours was precise and methodic, just as your father had taught you. Though the body that remained on the ground was not {male name}'s but that of a Daedra.
e. Archery,
He had enough of you and merely kicked at your feet so you would no longer be an obstacle to him. With one last look aimed at you, you saw his face and body contort to that of a Daedra. Before he could reach the outer perimeter of your villa's estate, you nocked an arrow in your bow and aimed true. Only one shot was necessary.
f. Longblade,
You both reached for your swords, and with each strike, {male name}'s features became more contorted. His exterior soon matched his vile personality, and you felt only more drive to finish him off. In fury, you subdued him and cut off his head. Before your feet was not your father, but a vile Daedra.

You felt relief at that moment, yet sorrow engulfed you soon after. Tears would flow from your eyes like an endless waterfall as you realized {male name} has been dead all this time.
Still, It was finally over now.

The next day it was announced that a champion had defeated the imposter emperor and that Uriel Septim VII, had been restored to his rightful throne. You and a few others helped clear out the last of Jagar Tharn's twisted guard, and as the situation slowly calmed, you were summoned to the Imperial Palace by the emperor himself.
He expressed his remorse at the loss of your father, a most faithful and loyal guard he ever knew. Lastly, Uriel Septim VII offered you to join the station that {male name} formerly held so that you may continue his legacy from thereon. A most loyal subject such as yourself would be invaluable at his side.
You agreed.
Last edited by Ninelan on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Here's my first contribution - an alternate background for the Warrior. A bit long but hopefully not too bad!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J1r ... Geir4/edit - a link to the google doc if you'd like to view it there for some reason

WARRIOR ALT - Bodyguard

Your earliest memories are of the Imperial City. When your parents left {home province} in search of a better life, you were too young to remember the journey. Instead, your memories are of running, laughing, through crowded city streets, and of the halls of the palace where your mother worked as a lady in waiting, and your father served in the Imperial Guard. When you were old enough, he even taught you a little bit about
Most fond of using:
Short-bladed weapons - how to fight with a knife.
Hand-to-hand combat - the martial arts - punching, kicking, blocking, and how to defend yourself without weapons.
Axe fighting - the proper way to wield an axe.
Blunt weapons - fighting with clubs and staves.
Archery - how to aim, draw, and accurately fire a bow.
Longblade - sword-fighting, how to thrust and parry.
Even now, you look fondly on those memories every time you
Shortblade - sharpen your blades,
HtH - practice your katas,
Axe fighting - see a lumberjack chopping wood,
Blunt weapons - take up your walking staff,
Archery - hit your target,
Longblade - draw your blade,
though always with a hint of bittersweetness, as those days did not last long.

One night, your father came into your room, accompanied by a young boy in rich clothing and with eyes as wide as saucers, and shook you awake. He introduced the boy to you as {Imperial Name}, a name you recognized as belonging to one of the Emperor’s sons. He refused to answer any questions, simply telling you it was of the utmost importance that you and {Imperial Name} leave the city at once. Your mother, crying, helped pack you and your charge a few basic necessities, including
Loaned and allowed to keep:
100gp - some extra money she had been saving for a rainy day,
A book - her favorite book, so you would think of her often,
A cuirass - your father’s old cuirass, which he’d loaned you when you began training for the Guard yourself,
Pauldrons - your father’s old pauldrons, which he’d loaned you when you began training for the Guard yourself,
A dai-katana - a dai-katana, meant to be your nameday present that year,
some food for the road, and a set of common clothing for {Imperial Name}. She hugged you close, begged you to never forget her, and sent you and {Imperial Name} on your way. It was the last time you ever saw her or your father again.

Your flight from the Imperial City was fraught with danger, and between battles with bandits and close calls with traitorous Guardsmen, you were able to learn some of the truth from the prince; Emperor Uriel Septim VII had been usurped by his battlemage, Jagar Tharn, and the imperial family was in danger. Until Tharn was overthrown, you would have to live your lives in hiding. The first few months were the hardest for both of you, as once your food ran out, you were reduced to hunting in the wilderness and scrounging for food in alleyways to survive. One memory that stands out is when {Imperial Name} came back to your camp with
Scrounging through an alley, you found:
200gp - a pouch full of money, more than you’d seen in weeks
A book - a battered, dirty tome
A ruby - a flawless, blood-red gem
A silver flail - a heavy silver flail, tarnished but sound
An amulet - an amulet bearing the symbol of an unknown god
which he had found in a gutter, on the corpse of a nameless man. That was the day you first saw the fear leave the prince’s eyes, and be replaced with determination. It was the day your fortunes began to turn around.

Shortly afterwards, you and {Imperial Name} (now going by {male name} to hide his identity) finally caught your lucky breaks.
Intimate friends:
Monk - A wandering monk noticed the young prince one day while passing through your town and took a liking to him, taking him on as his apprentice, where he learned martial arts and self-discipline.
Mage - The prince had been tutored in the basics of magic as a young child, and took his skills to the local Mages’ Guild, where he discovered an aptitude and love for the magical arts.
Rogue - The prince’s discovery in the alley awoke less savory talents in him, and he began to learn thieving skills from the local children, plying his trade on the corrupt nobles working for Tharn.
Warrior - Seeing your daily weapons training, the prince began to join you in your practice, and proved to have a natural inclination to the ways of the sword. Soon, he joined you as a sellsword.
Assassin - After an attack by Tharn’s agents, the prince swore never again to be helpless. He began to practice with knives, and often disappeared at night, only to return with money and no explanations.

You, on the other hand, found work with the Fighter’s Guild, killing rats and bats, serving as a bodyguard for local merchants, and occasionally working as a bouncer at local taverns, allowing yourself to earn an honest wage and sometimes even
After a month’s work you have:
100gp - a little extra savings on top.
A great book - enough to buy a book for your collection.
A dozen arrows - enough to buy some extra arrows for your bow and meat for the stewpot.
A ring - some jewelry for yourself or {male name}.
Whenever you had free time, you spent it honing your skills with weapons, particularly
Free time training with:
Short-bladed weapons: knives and tantos.
Hand-to-hand combat: your own hands.
Axe-fighting: axes and halberds.
Blunt weapons: staves and flails.
Archery: target practice with your favorite bow.
Longblade: swordfighting.
For ten years, you and {male name} lived this way, eking out an existence on the fringes of society and clinging desperately to the knowledge of who you really were. Then an imperial courier found you with news that a hero had rescued the Emperor and saved Tamriel. You and {male name} were summoned back to the capital, where you were rewarded handsomely for your service to the Imperial Crown and granted a position in the Imperial Guard, just like your father before you. It was some time after that that the Emperor requested your presence, personally, in the dead of night, and told you of the affair of Daggerfall.
Last edited by 13thsyndicate on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

ASSASSIN ALT

The life of luxury and riches marked your earliest days as a child of devout supporters of the Empire. Life was never dull, especially when
What thieving skill have you been studying the longest?
a. Dodging

playing ball games and catch with your siblings.
You were untouchable.
b. Stealth
you made yourself unseen, quietly observing behind the
scenes of the mansion life.
c. Backstabbing
you stalked your servants from behind, waiting for the perfect
moment to pounce on them for a quick laugh.
d. Lockpicking
you could sneak around the forbidden halls of your family's
mansion, breaking your way into rooms and cabinets.
e. Pickpocketing
you could both impress and trick your siblings out of their
savings with your deft hands.
f. Climbing
you could climb pilasters, vault over balustrades and spend
your evenings on the rooftop of your family mansion.
g. Critical-Striking
you won every spar with your siblings, as you knew which hit
was the most effective one.
h. Running
you outran your siblings every time you got caught in your
tricks and high jinks.
i. Jumping
you could skip over pond stones and hedges in the gardens of
your home.

Still, while you preferred to spend time honing your illicit skills behind prying eyes, your parents nevertheless insisted
You have a certain degree of training with ___.
a. Short-bladed weapons

that you train fencing with your father every other day.
Yet in secret, you practised disapproved methods of combat
b. Hand-to-hand combat
that you continue the noble styles of sparring like boxing and
grappling. You feared not to fight dirty.
c. Axe fighting,
that you pick up a skill with a weapon. Your choice, naturally,
was the brutal axe.
d. Blunt weapons
that you continue training staff combat with your siblings.
You could not resist hitting with the occasionally dirty strike.
e. Archery
that you continue your archery training. The many rewards
earned from competitions you attended proved your skill.
f. Longblade,
that you spend your mornings and evenings training how
to fence with your father.

You became a formidable combatant in no time.
While you could live your life as such indefinitely, your family eventually fell from grace, with their riches confiscated. Everything pointed to a conspiracy from the ruling body of the Empire, but there was not enough proof.
You fared better in poverty than your family, and it wasn't long until you completely abandoned them. Selling your skills on the streets came easy to you, as you felt little remorse for your crimes. You even managed to build up a relatively decent life for yourself
Your preferred criminal method is ___.
a. catburglary

with the occasional catburglary.
b. mugging
with the occasional mugging.
c. pickpocketing
with regular pickpocketing.
d. swindling
by regularly swindling merchants.
e. smuggling
with the occasional smuggling of salt.
f. bankrobbing
after a single bankrobbery.

One of the most important survival skills you picked up was how to ___.
a. Mend simple wounds

Even if you got roughed up by guards or competing criminals,
you patched yourself up after the fact as if it was nothing.
b. Ingratiate yourself
Your smooth-talking skills often played an important
component in avoiding prosecution from the law.
c. Boss people around
In the meantime, you even seemingly became the unofficial
leader of the local underworld.
d. Haggle with merchants
Careful haggling for necessities was invaluable to keep up
your lifestyle at this time.
e. Fight with a knife
While you occasionally got into a knife fight in the streets.
It was always you who prevailed in the end.

One day as you made your way home, you spotted an imperial officer harassing a young man, about to drag him by the hand towards his unit.
You inched closer not from a sense of kinship to the stranger but from a sudden urge to exact some well-deserved revenge towards the Empire. In the past decade, you saw the Emperor's reign more as a burden that betrayed the many noble families once so loyal to him.
As you neared them, you hit the officer at the back of his head, mesmerizing him for long enough to catch a glimpse of the Imperial. He appeared familiar, but it was not long before the both of you had to run from the scene.
You didn't look back at the event as anything special. At least until news of the false Emperor cropped up in daily conversation. Everything began to make sense, the plot, the conspiracy... everything. Couriers not long after would bring you letters from your family, their wealth restored, they pleaded for you to return in each one of them, but you liked your new life too much to oblige.
The last letter you received was not from them but the Emperor himself. It was not an invitation but an order.
Taken in by the guards, you were presented to the royal family in a relatively casual setting. Among them was the very imperial you saved in the streets. Introducing himself as {Imperial name}, he voiced his regret of not being able to thank you back then.
Your meeting would not be the last, as somebody who moves so deftly among the shadows, no less from a family loyal to the true Emperor, was bound to come useful in due time.
Last edited by Ninelan on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Update to the MAGE story.

Never knowing your parents, you spent your youth in the turbulent care of your mother's sister;
Of all disagreeable types, you have the most personal hatred for ___.
(1)Sanctimonious priests

a priestess who never seemed to extend the same kind of
doting care to you as to others.
(2)Diabolic wizards
a woman who cared little for your safety in her often
dangerous laboratory home.
(3)Stupid peasants
a gentlewoman who was always scornful of those of lesser
breeding.
(4)Power-mad robber barons
the apathetic baroness that saw you more as a burden than
close kin.
(5)Immoral assassins
an indifferent and mysterious woman who spent many nights
away from home and spoke very little of herself.

Even though her presence in your early years was minimal, she left you to explore her endless library and enchanting gardens to your heart's content and even hired a tutor to introduce you to the arcane arts as you grew older.
You have the most trouble ___.
(1)Resisting poisons

Despite being supervised, you nevertheless got hold of your
tutor's often poisonous reagents, some of which might have
permanently affected you later in life.
(2)Staying awake and alert
While you often had trouble staying focused during his
drawn-out lectures, nevertheless, you always impressed him
with your progress.
(3)Getting along with others
While you dutifully studied with him, he even became a pillar
in your life. Looking back, however, you only now realize just
how lonely you were.
(4)Avoiding diseases
Even though you struggled due to your frail health, missing out
on much valuable time studying, your dedication never faltered.
(5)Resisting magic
Even though your body seemed weaker when in the presence
of magic, it would not stop you from becoming a brilliant and
talented student in years to come.
(6)Fighting without magic
You were his favourite, and the passion you showed for his
teaching overshadowed any other field of interest you might
have had.

As you slowly matured, one day, your aunt called you into her study. You were anxious about what she might have to say to you, but your eyes glimmered as she proposed that you move to the city. There you would continue expanding your knowledge in a more professional setting, as you had far outgrown your tutor's knowledge.
You quickly took on the opportunity to move far away from her, but you could never quite shake the feeling of loss as you would leave your home and everything you knew behind. The following day you began packing your few possessions, and within the week, you set out to the city.

Your days as a student were filled to the brim with endless piles of reading material and boring essays. While there were few days of rest, nevertheless you would find ways to entertain yourself. Especially when your newly acquired friend, {male name},
You are intimate friends with ___.
(1)a monk

a quiet but devoted scholar,
(2)a mage
from the same class as you,
(3)a rogue
a cunning and sharp-tongued youth
(4)a warrior
who’s as large as a bear,
(5)an assassin
who was kinder than his facade could show,

would come knocking on your window at night.
On one such evening, you both snuck outside, hoping to catch a performance in a nearby theatre.
You never were concerned that the streets might have been dangerous, but while making your way, you and your friend heard a distressing shriek from one of the side alleys.
From there, a young man of similar age to you came running by, pleading for help. Behind him were two agents, neither of which seemed like honest men.
{male name} grabbed the strangers arm and ran off into the alleys with you.

What school of magic have you been studying the most?
(1)Destruction

Instinctively your fingertips released shocking sparks at the
two assailants as they were about to catch up, paralyzing
them thoroughly.
(2)Restoration
You soon noticed that the stranger was bleeding. Hiding in a
dark alley, you cured his wound, a stab wound to his left arm,
with a simple healing touch.
(3)Illusion
You wouldn't be able to outrun them, and as soon as you took
a turn into the darkness, you cast Chameleon Form on
everyone. The two men ran by as if no soul was present.
(4)Alteration
You soon found yourself climbing buildings and using
Slowfalling to leap to safety. Not long after, the agents could
not keep up with your escape.
(5)Thaumaturgy
With a simple detect spell, you navigated through the
labyrinthian alleys far away from them. In no time, there
would be no trace of the assailants.
(6)Mysticism
One of the agents was a nightblade as his hands began to
sparkle in familiar Force Bolts. With quick thinking, you Far
Silence him before any of you could be paralyzed.

Your group spent the rest of the evening hiding in your room, and you could never quite comprehend what had just happened. The stranger, who thanked the two of you profusely, introduced himself as {imperialname}.
The next night he left after promising to repay the kindness that you two had shown him.
You never made much of the event afterwards, and life resumed as ever.

After the year had gone by, it was time to return home to your aunt's estate for the time being. You were much wiser and more mature than the last time you were here, and the relationship between you two had warmed, if only slightly.
One day as you were researching in your private study, your aunt entered with a smile on her face that you rarely ever saw directed at you. She announced that it was a letter from the imperial city before placing it on the desk and sliding it your way.
You took it into your hand and inspected the waxy seal. It bore the emblem of the Emperor.
Last edited by Ninelan on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

UPDATE to knight alt story.

You spent your days of youth
What motivates you into a life of adventure?
a. Riches,
finding trinkets treasures.
b. Fame,
leading a clique of friends.
c. Knowledge
paging through endless piles of textbooks.
d. Fun
entertaining your friends with jokes and puns.
e. Helping Others,
playing with street urchins and keeping them company too.

With the prestigious stations that your parents held, seemingly any opportunity in life was open to you.
Your mother was an adoring and dutiful sorceress of the Arcane University, and she told you and your siblings of the mythical {home province feature} of {home province}, fueling your curiosity of the world. Your father, {male name}, on the other hand, was not only your role model, but he was also one of the esteemed Emperor's Guard.

While {male name} was often away on duty, any time he was home, the family was his priority. As you wished to follow in his footsteps, he made sure to equip you with the skills that would become invaluable later in life;
You spend any free time you have training with ___. (1)
a. Short-bladed weapons,

namely how to fight with concealed blades.
b. Hand-to-hand combat,
of which the most important lesson was how to grapple.
c. Axe fighting,
making sure you would know how to handle an axe.
d. Blunt weapons,
namely how to properly swing a mace.
e. Archery,
making sure you always shoot true with your bow.
f. Longblade,
of which the most important lesson was how to fence.

You soon became deadly proficient in your skill.
Yet those pleasant days would soon become but a fleeting memory of better times. One day when your father was to come home, the days of his absence slowly progressed into a week. Your worry, however, did not disappear when he slumped his way back home. He knew not your mother's name, and you and your siblings might have just been the same person in his mind at that point. While {male name}'s delirium improved with time, he was no longer himself.
He grew abusive and violent, vehemently loathing any moment he had to spend at his residence. Your family would often be at the brunt of his fits of abuse for many years to come.

One late night, your mother, in tears, confided to you that they must leave him now, explaining that while {male name} was once her better half, the husband she loved so much was dead, he might as well be a stranger to her now.
You held onto the hope that your father was still himself deep within, and you told your mother reluctantly that you won’t leave him behind. Tearfully she retreated to her private study, returning to present you with

You were loaned and later allowed to keep ___.
a. 200 gold pieces,

a small pouch of savings for hard times.
b. A great book,
her favourite book you could remember her by.
c. A cuirass,
an Iron Cuirass that used to belong to her sibling.
d. Pauldrons,
a set of iron pauldrons that she was saving for you.
e. A dai-katana,
a steel Dai-Katana which belonged to her.

Quietly rousing your younger siblings, your mother only left after giving you a long and warm hug. The following day, {male name} was indifferent at the whole situation, surprised only at the fact that you did not depart with them.

As years passed by, you were better able to defend yourself from him, yet the fights between you two only grew more violent. There were even days you nearly feared for your life.
It has been almost a decade since that day when the person you loved most had turned vile, and today he acted even worse than his usual self. He reached for the door, stating the emperor needs him, yet you would place yourself before the exit, confronting him about his past vices.
{male name} snarled with an otherworldly rumble, threatening to kill you here and now. His threat was not empty, and you braced yourself for the worst.

{male name} grabbed you by the throat and began thrashing you against the wall. You had to act quickly.
(1)
{male name} lept back, shrieking in pain and grasping the affected area. His face began to contort and morph. Quickly you overcame your shock, readying yourself as he lunged at you.
(2)
As the deed was done, and you made sure {male name} was no longer alive; before your feet was not the body of your father, but the remains of a Daedra.

You spend any free time you have training with ___. (2)
a. Short-bladed weapons,

Pulling a blade from your hip, you drove it deep into his side.
(2)
You evaded his strikes, stabbing him at each opening.
b. Hand-to-hand combat,
You freed yourself with a decisive punch to his face.
(2)
Overpowering him, you kept pounding him until he went still.
c. Axe fighting,

You reached for a nearby axe and drove its backside into him.
(2)
You only needed to hit him a few times to hack him to bits.
d. Blunt weapons,
You grabbed a nearby broom and jabbed it into his side.
(2)
With decisive strikes, you were able to overpower him.
e. Archery,
Pulling out an arrow, you jabbed it deep into his thigh.
(2)
Only one shot was necessary as you aimed true.
f. Longblade,
Reaching for your blade, you cut his chest with a swift draw.
(2)
You overpowered him with your superior swordsmanship.

You felt relief at that moment, yet sorrow engulfed you soon after. Tears would flow from your eyes like an endless waterfall as you realized {male name} has been dead all this time.
Still, It was finally over now.

The next day it was announced that a champion had defeated the imposter emperor. Uriel Septim VII was soon to be restored to his rightful throne. You and a few others helped clear out the last of Jagar Tharn's twisted guard, and as the situation slowly calmed, you were summoned to the Imperial Palace by the emperor himself.
He expressed his remorse at the loss of your father, a most faithful and loyal guard he ever knew. Lastly, Uriel Septim VII offered you to join the station that {male name} formerly held so that you may continue his legacy from thereon. A most loyal subject such as yourself would be invaluable at his side.
You agreed.