Perpetual Quest Pack [RETIRED]

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

Re: Perpetual Quest Pack

Post by Kamer »

Ah, I see you decided to just use the main quest start file huh? I'll probably be doing that as well.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah, we'll have to come up with a new _BRISIEN for every mod and every mod combination possible, so long as they're expected to start at character creation, until a quest mod launcher is made.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I'm thinking of rolling some functionality into the quest system to support this, once I have enough time & energy. Please no more hacks into poor old BRISIEN.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah! :D I'll be happy whenever it comes, no problem.

pango

Post by pango »

I get cartographer quests in my log, days before receiving the matching assignment letter; Happened twice already, first time with the trip to Shedungent, and just now for the one to Scourg Barrow (JHCG011)...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thanks for the report. I wrote that error into all of them simultaneously. Now I've fixed them all and uploaded the corrections to my github. If you replace the quest files now, the fixes should start to happen with the next Cartographer quest you receive.

pango

Post by pango »

Thanks for that quick fix!
By the way, is the choice of those iconic places a quest system limitation?
I wish such quests could lead me to interesting but less known places (Rhogilah? :lol: )...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, that's the reason. Interkarma theorized the future ability to use any point on the map as a potential location using a special parameter he would have to create. That was a long time ago though, and it's very peripheral, so I haven't made any more requests for it. I know there's no time for very good features, let alone middling ones like this :D

The fix I made for the Cartographer quests isn't perfect, but it's what I could do on the fly. There are some other features I could refine but right now I have no more time to expend. I'll come back to it later and do it properly.

EDIT: The additional fixes were actually incredibly easy and are now on github.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

pango wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 pm I get cartographer quests in my log, days before receiving the matching assignment letter; Happened twice already, first time with the trip to Shedungent, and just now for the one to Scourg Barrow (JHCG011)...
Man, your getting cart quests ?
I'm jelouse lol
I got some guy who doesn't remember who he is, and dudes keep trying to jump me but I think that's it so far...
This one and warm ashes are sweet together BTW and with the enhanced ai, and infighting, its friggin insane, and I'm going to keep on saying it...
I love it man I freaking love it !
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Just today I realized that, for all the work I put into Cartographers, few people are actually going to find them :lol: The Cartographer quest offering is now guaranteed with every new character that has Perpetual Quests installed.

I also added random wilderness ambushes, which from my testing are very rare.

I'm talking with Kamer about some exchange of elements among our mods. I might be giving some content over to Warm Ashes to make the world more lively, and focus entirely on mid-length quests in Perpetual Quests like I used to.