Kamer's Projects

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

Re: Kamer's Projects Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Kamer »

Version 1 of Warm Ashes is now out. Please give any feedback! It's in it's very basic form at the moment but it selects up to 80 different random events at dungeons only at the moment

Download: WarmAshesV1

Install:
1. Extract files into your "streamingassets/quest" folder
2. Open a savefile you'd like to run it in
3. Open the console with the (`) key
4. Type " start quest WAQ00 "
5. All finished

Spoiler!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Villagers can't be scaled atm so until that's available I can't do much besides work on some sprites and hope they don't look horrible.

Here's what the male warrior looks like.

He definitely shrunk. Besides that I have a problem where if a villager is fully replaced, then they start disappearing from distances. So right now I have them intentionally missing a frame so they don't disappear.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is cool!

The problem where sprites disappear at a certain distance sounds like a classic mipmap problem. There might be an issue with texture injection missing mipmap generation for some reason when replacing all the frames. This might be something TheLacus will need to check in the injection setup.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Interkarma wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:44 am This is cool!

The problem where sprites disappear at a certain distance sounds like a classic mipmap problem. There might be an issue with texture injection missing mipmap generation for some reason when replacing all the frames. This might be something TheLacus will need to check in the injection setup.
Sounds about right Interkarma, I wonder if something like that changed since build 107 which does not have this problem? Ive send Lacus the PM and the files to test it. Thanks!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Interkarma wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:44 am This is cool!

I believe the issue is the same i talked you about, which you suggested was related to camera frustum. Still have no idea how texture injection could cause this, nor why it only appeared recently :?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The image you linked is very close to player and shows a clipped render. That's why I felt it could be frustum related.

The problem mentioned above manifests in NPCs disappearing completely once a certain distance away. And only once all frames have been replaced. That sounds more like a classic mipmap problem.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Interkarma wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:27 pm The problem mentioned above manifests in NPCs disappearing completely once a certain distance away. And only once all frames have been replaced. That sounds more like a classic mipmap problem.
Mipmaps is enabled on individual textures, count property confirms it. I'll see if there is an issue with atlas.

@Kamer can you send me via pm all textures for an NPC that allow to reproduce bug?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for looking into that TheLacus. :)

Let me know what you find and if there's anything I can do to help.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

An Argonian Race Concept Piece

Argonian Concept.png
Argonian Concept.png (360.88 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Argonian Concept 2.png
Argonian Concept 2.png (338.69 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
Last edited by Kamer on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

TheLacus wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:01 pm
Interkarma wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:27 pm The problem mentioned above manifests in NPCs disappearing completely once a certain distance away. And only once all frames have been replaced. That sounds more like a classic mipmap problem.
Mipmaps is enabled on individual textures, count property confirms it. I'll see if there is an issue with atlas.

@Kamer can you send me via pm all textures for an NPC that allow to reproduce bug?
Yea I missed these posts. I'll send them your way.