Kamer's Projects

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

Re: Kamer's Projects

Post by Kamer »

NikitaTheTanner wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:42 pm This stuff looks awesome Kamer! I do want to see all these in the game, I'm only concerned about the encounter rate of all the races. I did like the fact that Highrock actually felt like the home of Bretons in Daggerfall, unlike later TES games where the provinces are extremely diverse, almost to the point of disbelief (there are no Imperial bandits in Cyrodiil, for example).

What I think is, can there be some sort of configuration menu for it? That would be awesome, though might be too much to ask for. In my opinion, amount of other races in Hammerfell/Highrock should be somewhere between 5-10%, but no more than 20%.

What I do think is missing though is the Redguard enemies! If you could implement these for Hammerfell - that already would be super sweet!
I plan to keep it mostly Breton/Redguard dominant. There are only 2 Dark Elf types in High Rock. Hammerfell currently only has a Argonian and Dark Elf mage.

Usernamicus

Post by Usernamicus »

To me at least, a good number would be around 10-20% of the NPCs being other races, the Iliac Bay is a major trade hub after all. :)

Would you also be placing the NPCs that exist in data - but not placed in game? Here's a list of everyone (including those that are and are not placed)
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:People

I'm fine with people like the Archmage and Night Mother not being included, but others like Baron Shrike of Lainlyn, Lady Flyte of Anticlere, and Lord Bertram Spode of Glenpoint would all be great if they could be interacted with and give palace quests.

Baron Shrike's page: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Baron_Shrike

Lady Flyte's page: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Lady_Flyte

Lord Bertram's page: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Lord_Bertram_Spode

Kamer

Re: Kamer's Projects [Important Update 1/15/19]

Post by Kamer »

I have some bad news. Like really bad news. The backup drive where the Daggerfall unity Project's has ran into a hardware failure and can longer read data. I've looked online to see about getting it repaired as repairing it myself would put the disk at great risk due to dust, and estimates are around $300-$1300 which I can't afford. As of right now, the reader from the sounds of it, has gotten stuck which leaves no possible way for it to read data. As of right now the drive is dormant and I will be placing it in special care until I hire professionals to fix it or make a a desperate attempt myself. All the current version of mods, resources, everything is now unreachable at the current time. Maybe eventually I'll save up enough money for a repair but until then I don't want to start from scratch when the resources still exist.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Kamer, I'm saddened to hear about that. Data loss is a terrible thing to go through. Good luck getting your data back, or finding the desire to start again. You made some excellent mods for DFU and it would be a shame for it to end this way. All the best!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Let's hope taxes are kind to me this year and I actually get something back. I have too much on there to lose.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Sorry to hear that Kamer :/ All the 4 mods can be still downloaded from the 1st page, so you can gather at least something from it I hope?

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

...An entire backup drive? Ouch!
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 am Sorry to hear that Kamer :/ All the 4 mods can be still downloaded from the 1st page, so you can gather at least something from it I hope?
I hope I can get it repaired soon. WA V3 was almost complete and I had other stuff in the works as well. I spent weeks on pure work on it to get it right so It'd be tough to start so far over.

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Well yeah, it's a pitty.

On the other hand, my past experience tells me, that when one is forced to start something anew, as a rule, the result is always better than the previous version. The most difficult part being the process of coming to terms with the idea of starting again. :D Once you reach that point, it's alright...

Disclaimer: Applicable only to something one holds passion for, I suppose.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

So sorry to hear that Kamer, it's awful when you lose work like that. re-doing it immediately can be so hard because you don't recall all of the details so you can feel like you're doing it worse. After a break period though it can actually turn out better if you can keep the passion alive anyway. I hope you can access your drive at some point though, that would be the best outcome!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods