Some ideas presented:
- Smaller animals (eg. rats, imps) and quieter/stealthier animals (eg. spiders, scorpions) should not be able to make as much noise as a large beast (eg. gargoyle, giant)
- Magic should be a little bit quieter than physical combat, unless there's an explosion involved
- Deliberate noises from an enemy (eg. grunt while attacking) should be louder than incidental noises (eg. grunt while walking unaware)
- Background noise/ambience should be quiet
- Animals/enemies further away from you should sound like they really are
Tamriel Mixdown v0.3
PS: I'm blatantly assuming Daggerfall Unity uses DAGGER.SND and not an updated package of some sort... I made this for OG Daggerfall. Please let me know if this is not the case.