Daggerfont

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
JokeDeity

Re: Daggerfont

Post by JokeDeity »

Love the work, it's fantastic in game, but I wanted to mention that when creating a new character all the text in the character generation seems to be the original.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

It's actually rather a chore to replace the fonts. Attached is my current work in progress (I need to get back to it and do more). Inside your daggerfall unity program folder you must navigate to ...\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Fonts. Replace the FONT0003-SDF.png with the attached one. You should probably rename the old one (FONT0003-SDF.png.old works). When you install a new version of DFU it will overwrite the installed fonts including mine.
Attachments
DaggerFont.zip
(161.33 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

jayhova wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:08 pm It's actually rather a chore to replace the fonts. Attached is my current work in progress (I need to get back to it and do more). Inside your daggerfall unity program folder you must navigate to ...\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Fonts. Replace the FONT0003-SDF.png with the attached one. You should probably rename the old one (FONT0003-SDF.png.old works). When you install a new version of DFU it will overwrite the installed fonts including mine.
If Interkarma agrees, i can move default fonts to Resources and import overrides from both loose files and mods.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

To me the best solution would be one where the replacement fonts could be turned off or on like any other mod. If possible it would be nice to eliminate the need to remove the default SDF fonts.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

jayhova wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:47 pm To me the best solution would be one where the replacement fonts could be turned off or on like any other mod. If possible it would be nice to eliminate the need to remove the default SDF fonts.
I'm proposing to import fonts with the same process used for most other assets:
1. Loose files
2. Mods
3. Classic/Game assets

I'll wait for Interkarma's approval before doing it.

brujoloco

Post by brujoloco »

Very nice font! 8-)

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

brujoloco wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:22 am Very nice font! 8-)
Thank you

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Well well well, you did it Jay..
I'm so proud of you :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

medlirezor

Post by medlirezor »

Sorry to dredge this topic up once more, but what would I need to do to use this font using the current version (0.11.4) of DFUnity? Does it need to be converted or compiled into *.sdf ?