AI Upscaled Textures

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Hazelnut

Re: AI Upscaled Textures

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 am Done, this one was a bit tough. Its just jpeg as the png was over 2mb. Thanks!
Spoiler!
CUST0310.jpg
AVARAGE
->
AVERAGE
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

VMBlast, Im not sure I uncerstand it right, but these new tabs I did here were not remastered before and not included in the DREAM-HUD, I did em to complete the HUD somehow, which is a mix of mine and Arls work (mostly his) Before, there were only vanila tabs instead of these new ones..

Pango, I will keep the empty tabs, and some files for editing and make em available in future.

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@mason: no, no time yet :(

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:31 pm VMBlast, Im not sure I uncerstand it right, but these new tabs I did here were not remastered before and not included in the DREAM-HUD, I did em to complete the HUD somehow, which is a mix of mine and Arls work (mostly his) Before, there were only vanila tabs instead of these new ones..
I was just thinking out loud. It would be somewhat logical that these two be divided into separate project mods, so you get -clean- experience with ether one you choose. With the AI Upscaled project you get like HD version of the vanilla and with the DREAM you get enhanced and improved experience. But dont take this as gospel -as I said its just a thought. :P

But you're right, as made your own versions of the vanilla upscales.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

KoW, I've been keeping tabs on this and the main DREAM topic, and I'm really liking the enhanced UI screens and other recent additions for DREAM. Can't wait until I can finally get access to my main computer and DFU again in a few weeks so I can test the shiny new version! (And of course, major kudos to MasonFace and others here who have contributed to DREAM.)

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Hey guys, in the meantime I experimented a bit with network interpolation, and settled on a mix of Manga 109 and one of the Random Art models (specifically, the JPEG Friendly version 1). It produces much sharper result than Manga 109 alone, and it seems to be well suited for scaling up Daggerfall's rocky texture interface. Here's some examples (full album):
Spoiler!
NOTE: I converted each image to its respective original palette using mtPaint with Stucki dithering, to reduce the file size (otherwise Imgur would convert them to JPEGs). I didn't resize the images or correct the aspect ratio.

Also it is recommended to soften images for this interpolated model using the original method (xBRZ to 4x the original size, apply pixelise in GIMP then scale down to original size with nearest neighbour) because otherwise the result would become too sharp.

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@mason:

I am experimenting with batching on Your sprites but there are subtle differences in sizes of Your sprites. For example first sprites from Your ERSGAN and STFGAN sets:

img 1 width and height are: 388, 436
img 2 width and height are: 384, 432

Can You check / correct this so efficient overlays can be performed without foreground matching ?

@MrFlibble: nice results!

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

@Jukic:
I had noticed that the SFTGAN's results were slightly offset from the ESRGAN's results, but I didn't notice the dimensional difference. I'm off of paternity leave and back to work now so I'll try to see if I can batch correct the results sometime this week unless you beat me to it.

@MrFlibble:
Interesting results! I'd like to see how this method performs in other situations such as textures. So far, it looks like a good technique to put in our upscaling toolbox.

EDIT: BTW, what percentage are you interpolating between those two models?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 am
King of Worms wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 am Done, this one was a bit tough. Its just jpeg as the png was over 2mb. Thanks!
Spoiler!
CUST0310.jpg
AVARAGE
->
AVERAGE
Damn, it took me one week to realize what this comment ment.. I will try to repair the typo. Thanks :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:17 pm Damn, it took me one week to realize what this comment ment.. I will try to repair the typo. Thanks :)
Sorry wasn't trying to be cryptic, just trying not to appear like a total spelling nerd! :lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods