AI Upscaled Textures

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: AI Upscaled Textures

Post by King of Worms »

Can it upscale the player heads? There are 180 of them +/-

Also, Im a bit sad that noone used these badass algos on the animated NPCs as that is the spot where it would really push current state of game visuals..

Static NPCS are done. Beyond the AI...
Animated are hard to do, it requires lots of artist input.. thats where good AI would make a difference.

Someone pick up the torch pls. Do the upscales. I will cut em up from the black bckgrounds and put em to game in a DREAM mod with all the credits ofc...

I submitted the archive names here year ago maybe, but its easy to see the animated npcs in imaging in case my post is hard to find

Or I can export em and upload a pack of all if it helps

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:46 pm Can it upscale the player heads? There are 180 of them +/-
I gave a shot at the heads using a promo pic that Bethesda released back in the day:
elf-faces_4x_Fatality_MKII_90000_G.png
elf-faces_4x_Fatality_MKII_90000_G.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 2670 times
I'm not sure if it's super awesome, compared to the Redguard gal from the above example (other ESRGAN models invariably made her face look like a brick with eyes and mouth painted on).
King of Worms wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:46 pm Also, Im a bit sad that noone used these badass algos on the animated NPCs as that is the spot where it would really push current state of game visuals..
Which NPCs do you mean? The mobile ones from the outside or the animated static sprites in buildings?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi & thank you,
well the faces might not be all perfect, but they are not that bad either... I think some of em might be usable, and every face counts.. also I can manually edit out some quirks in case the rest of the face is ok.

About the NPCs, I mean the NPCs from the buildings like the dancers, summoned daedras, mages, dark brotherhood...
Archives:
(182 and other animated NPCs including animated shopkeeper, flute player, joker, smith etc - already done)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Here are the 50 faces Id really appreciate if someone up-scaled, I did 110 of those manually, these are missing
They are ready for upscale, properly named, all in one folder, just load em in your pipeline and start... please.
Thank you ;)
Faces to do.rar
(50.78 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

And here are the Animated NPCs properly named all in one folder ready to process

This is the last push, lets do it please :)
Thank you
NPCs to do.rar
(898.79 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

phredreeke

Post by phredreeke »

I upscaled the faces with a variety of models but felt that Fatality Mk III slightly interpolated with Rebout gave the best overall results.
spritesheet.png
spritesheet.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 2506 times
Attachments
rebout-fatality3.zip
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 111 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks, Ive downloaded them. They would be great for a zombie game, they got really freeky but this style doesnt fit too much Im afraid - its semi realistic. I will cut em out of background and see how it looks ingame tho.

I liked the "4x_Fatality_MKII_90000_G" algo presented by MrFlibble above, its was really clean and kept that handpainted style.

Thanks anyway ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Guys I need help.

There are missing frames in the Daedra Seducer flying form in the DREAM mod.
Not sure if MasonFace forgot to add those to the shared files, or if I somehow lost it. The flying for was not implemented in the past, but now its is.

I really need these 8 frames up-scaled so the daedra mob is complete. Here are the 8 frames to download:
Thanks a lot in advance!!! :geek:
TEXTURE.284 (Seducer).rar
(31.44 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
The quality and style we aim for is this:
Its 8x the original resolution, and has clean handpainted look.
284_22-7.png
284_22-7.png (1008.86 KiB) Viewed 2272 times

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

I can upscale them up to 4x, but my trials for Gigapixel AI and AI Sharpen have long since expired, so you'll have to finish them off.

My time has been very limited lately, so I can't promise that I can get these to you soon, but eventually.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi mate, 4x will do and I will take care of the rest. Id like to release the update for DREAM a while after 0.10.28 DFU is released, so I think thats at least 14 days left.

If anyone is up to the task and wants to experiment a bit, pls hit me up with those 8 frames, Id like to have the frames done so I can forget about them once again ;)

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

See if the attached will work for you. I didn't do any experiments with it, I just ran whatever interpolation I used last time I used ESRGAN, then ran it through SFTGAN.
Attachments
Seducer_results_4x.rar
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 112 times