AI Upscaled Textures

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Narf the Mouse

Re: AI Upscaled Textures

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Glad your eye is getting better. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:22 pm Glad your eye is getting better. :)
Thanks mate, fighting the urges to get back to DREAMing :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I used your upscaled body with my head and some details, plus added few touches to the body here. I hope its ok if I use this sprite? I like the results...
182_33-0.png
182_33-0.png (572.83 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

That sprite has always bothered me. I know it's classic, but the red eyes make it feel like she's meant to be a Dark Elf, but that the artist made a mistake due to the tight development cycle. Maybe that's just me, though. shrugs

pango

Post by pango »

If that's a texture for Karethys of Wayrest, then the mistake was to not give her dark skin; For Barenziah, Morgiah, Heiseth and Karethys are all dark elves according to the lore.
There was even if patch for classic Daggerfall to change those assets (look for Dark-elves.zip)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

I think she's a generic NPC, because I've seen her in temples before.

pango

Post by pango »

That's why I start with a conditional, because I think I saw a similar texture used somewhere else too.
Karethys + texture reuse combo is probably the reason for those red eyes, it must have caused confusion at some stage, I'll give you that.

Either we're fine with dark elves in temples and this texture should be given a darker skin, or two separate textures should be created so that Karethys one can be given specific dark elf/nobility/character tweaks and the other one given human eyes...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

I personally wouldn't mind making her a Dark Elf if only for the occasional visual variety. If you mean from a lore perspective, the I think it's easy enough to separate the beliefs of an individual from their culture. If you mean fine from a purist perspective... then I got nothing :p

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:42 pm I used your upscaled body with my head and some details, plus added few touches to the body here. I hope its ok if I use this sprite? I like the results...
Go for it!

Speaking of which, I've been working on MOBs and I'm struggling to get the edges correct when bilinear/trilinear filtering is enabled, but I'm going to try to incorporate Interkarma's suggestion that he mentioned on your old post to get it working right using edge dilation: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=861&hilit=transparent+edges#p10439

Hopefully that will get me back on track. I've just been too busy lately to work on it very much...

@Jukic: If you're reading this, I'll have a batch of MOBs ready for you to do some experiments on sometime this week. Each MOB pack will have xBR, ESRGAN, SFTGAN, and even Gigapixel AI upscales (I signed up for that free trial ;) ) so you can tinker around with different blending methods.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Mate, just reduce the resolution of the upscaled images, it will create a soft edge and its done. I used photoshop and default algo it offers for reducing the resolution.

When you take my XBR images and do your upscales on it, you end up with a bigger resolution than my files were originally, right? So just tone it back down... try it.

Or... if you can BATCH AUTOMATIZE the process IK suggested, than by all means... I was not able to do so...