AI Upscaled Textures

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
MasonFace

Re: AI Upscaled Textures

Post by MasonFace »

. . . PATH (whatever that is) . . .
The "path" gives your operating system a reference to the needed files. In this case, whenever you type in "pip" as a command in your command prompt, it knows where to find "pip" so it can complete the instructions, "install scipy" for example. Same with python; if you wanted to run a python script from the command prompt, you'd only have to navigate to the directory of the python script then type "python filename.py" and it will use python to run the script.
Might still be a part of the problem of PATH
When you install Python, I think it asks if you want it to setup the paths for you. Double check that you have this setting flagged in the setup. Try running the installation for Python again and make sure to run the installation as administrator to ensure it has the proper rights to create those paths (it may not need them, but just in case).

If you were able to install all the dependencies, then I doubt the paths are causing any other issues, but I do suggest that you fix the paths regardless. Shouldn't be too difficult and it may save you a headache down the road.

Edit: Actually, this GUI program is probably depending on that system path to call the ESRGAN script using Python. If the path isn't created, I believe it will fail. I would go ahead and fix the paths just to be safe and rule out any potential failure modes.

Did you install the other runtimes from step 3?
3)Install the other runtimes (from "runtime" folder - default options)
ImageMagick-6.9.10-14-Q8-x86-static.exe
vcredist_x64.exe
vcredist_x86.exe
vbrun60sp6.exe

Another question: Did the upscaling program give you a specific error message when it failed?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi!

Yup, Ive realized the PATH is what you describe here. I reinstalled the python, and there was a box to tick with PATH so I did that. And confirmed that the commands now work from every folder (so I did not have to navigate to the script folder to execute them)

Yup I installed all those progs from runtimes

And no, just a general "unexpected error" tab appears when you double click the executable. Even when run as admin. So I have no idea. My GFX card should be compatible, its stated u need the 9xx series and I have gtx970 so...

Thanks for help!!! Maybe the creator will reply with some advice as well, fingers crossed.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

It didn't look like his installation instructions included CUDA.

You will need to have CUDA installed in order to run ESRGAN on your graphics card.

I don't believe this would have prevented the executable from loading though...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Might very well be the case!! Downloading

I thought this step is it:
pip3 install http://download.pytorch.org/whl/cu90/to ... _amd64.whl

The cu90 part...
But its not... will write back

EDIT: Still same error, just my PC is now full of progs and bloatware :evil: :evil: I think Ive got enough :lol:

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Here are the solid ghosts. I'm l leaning towards these. Note that the emission maps have not been added yet, so no glowing eyes... :(

Obviously they will look much better once a transparent shader is implemented for select MOBs.
Ghosts Screen 1.jpg
Ghosts Screen 1.jpg (218.95 KiB) Viewed 1829 times
Ghosts Screen 2.jpg
Ghosts Screen 2.jpg (245.66 KiB) Viewed 1829 times
Here's what they should look like once the emissions are incorporated.
Ghost Group Photo.jpg
Ghost Group Photo.jpg (91.54 KiB) Viewed 1829 times

pango

Post by pango »

Looking great already :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice... and damn those emission maps for mobs will be just AWESOME!!!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

MasonFace wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:32 am Obviously they will look much better once a transparent shader is implemented for select MOBs.
The standard shader provides two different transparent modes that could be used here. Cutout, which is what we are already using, and Fade. If you wish to use Fade only for specific billboards (like ghosts) i can give you a way to enable it using an xml file. If the idea is to use it for all billboards to avoid sharp edges, maybe a global setting is a better choice. How do you suggest this feature to be provided?

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

The standard shader provides two different transparent modes that could be used here. Cutout, which is what we are already using, and Fade. If you wish to use Fade only for specific billboards (like ghosts) i can give you a way to enable it using an xml file. If the idea is to use it for all billboards to avoid sharp edges, maybe a global setting is a better choice. How do you suggest this feature to be provided?
Since the transparent shader is quite computationally expensive, I'd rather use it sparingly so just for the Ghost, Wraith, and the spirit of Lysandus.

If we go the .xml route, can the .xml file be packaged into the .dfmod file or does it have to be moved into the /streaming assets/textures folder by the end user?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

MasonFace wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:46 pm If we go the .xml route, can the .xml file be packaged into the .dfmod file or does it have to be moved into the /streaming assets/textures folder by the end user?
They can be included in the mod file.