AI Upscaled Textures

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
phredreeke

Re: AI Upscaled Textures

Post by phredreeke »

Hi. I've been playing around with this tool for the last couple of weeks and I thought I'd share it. https://huggingface.co/spaces/akhaliq/GFPGAN

It's to my understanding based both on StyleGAN and ESRGAN technology.
if-heskel-gfpgan.jpg
if-heskel-gfpgan.jpg (80.35 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
Also, I thought I'd plug my new upscale pack releases (first of these is from July, but I never posted it here)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/enhanced-res ... e-nukem-3d
https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-upscal ... e-pack-v21

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Whoah! This does an incredible job on low resolution faces for sure.

Also, congrats on the releases. Your upscale packs are fantastic!

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Alright, I'm just catching on this thread after months away - like everyone else, my mind is blown. Amazing stuff. It's amazing to see the evolution from the earliest days.
However, I didn't see anyone comment on this - how cool is that? As many NPCs as you could ever need, customized for your quest pack, mod etc. How about a ton of unique Redguard NPCs for fuller immersion?
Amazing stuff, Bits.
bits_n_giggles wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:45 am Also--It's not done yet (this is only on iteration 50 out of 10,000 to go) but consequentially, the model I'm training for the purpose of using it to "blend" the art style back into the photorealistic renders, is also capable of generating entirely new sprite images in massive quantities, in a completely configurable way (need a village-worth of unique high elf NPCs sprite assets? you can parameterize generating that).

On top of enhancements, making every single NPC sprite in the entire game visibly unique, may not be impossible. These are garbage-quality as it isn't anywhere near finished training yet, but it's only going to require 340 sprite portraits to fine-tune the existing FFHQ models. It should be able to generate the exact same quality sprites that it was trained on when it's finished, but also be able to use the interpolation from above between models to not just transfer style but generate new sprites of the same quality as the end-result enhancements that I'm closing in on.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

I've not followed AI upscale developments for a while, but phredreeke has been exploring all new developments for Build engine game upscales, with some very impressive results that make ESRGAN look like yesteryear.

Here's one of his latest works:
This is an upscale of a poster from Duke Nukem 3D, which originally looks like this:
You can read the exact steps needed to produce this result in the post I've linked to. I suppose this could work for static Daggerfall NPC sprites too.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi mate, thanks for the update on the tech, it indeed is very impressive and might work nicely for a static NPCs :)
Things have moved on since we did the DREAM mobs, but they still hold quite well, all things considered! Thanks for your help.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

It's kind of funny that Stable Diffusion misspelled "TONIGHT" :lol: