AI Upscaled Textures

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kaucukovnik

Re: AI Upscaled Textures

Post by Kaucukovnik »

The interface looks great!
My only suggestion would be to add some texture to the font, because it looks too clean compared to everything around it.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Awesome, thanks a lot Mason!

Kaučukovník, I like the clean font for now & would be hard to remake all the finished tabs atm...
I have new font for Titles tho (VMBlast)
Spoiler!
- CUST03I0.IMG.png
- CUST03I0.IMG.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2582 times
TELE00I0.IMG.png
TELE00I0.IMG.png (300.71 KiB) Viewed 2582 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Done, this one was a bit tough. Its just jpeg as the png was over 2mb. Thanks!
Spoiler!
CUST0310.jpg
CUST0310.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 2571 times

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

The original texture format "shouldn't matter" once Unity gets through importing it. For some purposes. Depending. Heh.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

That really came together well! Looks really nice!

Kaucukovnik

Post by Kaucukovnik »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:58 am I like the clean font for now & would be hard to remake all the finished tabs atm...
I have new font for Titles tho (VMBlast)
That's understandable, and the new title font looks very nice. The emboss gives it the feeling of physically being a part of the stone UI, and not just clean, modern font laid over.

I just don't want the game to lose its identity during the modernization.
And I very much dislike modern game UIs looking all the same. Fantasy or sci-fi, they all have those simple, flat rectangles and sans serif fonts, and they hide design laziness behind "minimalism". It's become sort of a trend for game user interface to almost feel bad for even being there, throwing around words and phrases like "unintrusive", "less obstructive" or "not breaking immersion". Hey, what's so immersive about key prompts or incessant "QUEST COMPLETED, LET ME PAT YOU ON THE BACK" messages, complete with fanfare?
Rant over. :oops:

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@King of Worms
And to mention here that font (close to the vanilla one) was created by @jayhova ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I completely agree about the newskool UIs, plain texts, white lines as a separators, I never liked it since it was introduced... was it in Skyrim? It spreads like a plague since than :x So rest assured this is not the way we taking :) But I also have other 1000s of files to take care of, at some point you need to draw a line and call it done. You will see that in the game, the texts fit nicely and its very readable.. changing the font means doing everything again as I dont have all the files saved in editable PSD format..

Thank for mentioning @Jayhova VMBlast, credits where its due!

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:40 am [...] changing the font means doing everything again as I dont have all the files saved in editable PSD format..
Again, if you can keep the text at least as a separate layer, or the images without texts available somewhere, I'm sure translation teams can burn some candles and sing some prayers for you :)
Images in some format with editable texts may be even better, but images without the texts would be great
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@King of Worms
I have one suggestion. It would be better to keep -Upgrades- separated, aka to make different levels of it. What Im trying to say is to keep AI UPSCALING feature separate from the DREAM. Here's why -AI Upscaling- is, when you look at it, next close to the vanilla experience. It is in all intence and purposes HD version of the original game (next best thing). However, DREAM is and should be enhanced version of that experience and could be different (different textures, colors, UIs etc).

Just my thoughts on it ;)