AI Upscaled Textures

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: AI Upscaled Textures

Post by King of Worms »

Oops :) Big grats man!!! Unexpected post, Im glad you happy ;)

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@MasonFace: Congrats and all the best!!!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Congrats!

Yeah, that combination of filters looks indefinably better. I could probably define it, were I an artist. ;)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

MasonFace wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:25 am I ran that xBR softened image through the ESRGAN using the Manga109 model and I think it made a noticeable improvement. I interpolated between the ESRGAN/PSNR/Manga109 and it looked like the sweet spot was 60% Manga109 and 40% ESRGAN.
Cool, thanks for the test! I'm glad that the softening logic worked for these networks just as well as it does for waifu2x.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Thanks for all the congrats and warm wishes!
Cool, thanks for the test! I'm glad that the softening logic worked for these networks just as well as it does for waifu2x.
@MrFlibble
So when you "soften" the image using xBR, are you using xBRZ Scaler Testing Tool with the Scaler = "3" (xBR), and Scaling Factor = 1 ?

@All
Slightly unrelated question: Does anyone know a way to export all the textures from Daggerfall Imaging 2 into one folder with the proper naming convention of archive_record-frame.png ? I'm only able to get it to export into individual folders named as the archive, with each folder containing images with the record-frame.png format which isn't very convenient for batching.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Got a few test MOB animations upscaled. They all worked well using Mr. Flibble's xBR softening pre-upscaling technique in tandem with SFTGAN (for the Orc and Gargoyle) and ESRGAN (for the Vampire).
Spoiler!

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

----------------------

A few more:

----------------------
Spoiler!

pango

Post by pango »

Borders are still a bit jagged in a few places, but the textures themselves are really nice :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Perfect results on the mobs!! Please do all :)
The problem with export not naming the files corectly with full name is painful. I had to rename all the 8000 files...
I had a script tool by lacus tho!!!
It works like this:

you create a folder named after the archive, so if your exported archive is for example 001 you create a folder named 001 and you copy all the 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 etc files there

and than you execute the python script

https://ufile.io/misis

EDIT: IM not sure how I used it on the mobs tho :/ It would be best to PM Interkarma and ask him to add the full naming to the imaging2
Last edited by King of Worms on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@MasonFace: Your results are unbelievable. Go through all sprites if You are able to. :)

That horse head .... :shock: