Magicka Regeneration - Ready for testing; definitely not ready for prime-time

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Narf the Mouse

Re: Magicka Regeneration - Ready for testing; definitely not ready for prime-time

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Jay_H wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:21 am Can't you use some quote/code/spoiler blocks in your initial post Narf? It's hard to see what's relevant to the common user and what isn't :|
...You can't see it, but I just facepalmed at myself.

...And spoilers are bugged. Large spoilers fail to open; with multiple spoilers, only the first one opens.

Best I could do was move the download link to near the top of the post. Sorry.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Narf the Mouse

Re: Magicka Regeneration - Ready for testing; definitely not ready for prime-time

Post by Narf the Mouse »

There seems to be a bug that can set your Magicka flipping back and forth from its actual value, to a very large negative value. It looks like it might be related to talking to the Mage's Guild trainer. Not sure how to fix it or what, specifically, might be causing it.

* some residual value somewhere that's convinced that my character still has "NoSpellPointRegen = true"?
* Very unlikely to be multiple magicka regeneration scripts. Given the number of reloads and saves, my magicka would be regenerating very rapidly right now, and it still seems to be moving at the "per 30 seconds" value

Anyway, if anyone has any more info, please post it. :)

Edit: Resting or a full reload seems to fix it.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

Yep, i'm getting that too. It occurs whenever i load a save (Quicksave or Hard save) while already in game. Only way i've found to fix it, is to do a Cautious Inn Fast Travel, or reboot the game.
This mod really makes playing a Mage a hell of a lot better in Daggerfall, other than this one bug. It was almost impossible to play a full Mage before without relying on the AoE+Absorb Magic bug, or the Magic Item+Cancel bug (which was fixed in Unity).

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

It works, but it immediately breaks if i have to load my game after dying or for some other reason. It wont regenerate Magicka after that, or it says i am out of spellpoints even though the magicka meter is full. Something about loading the save breaks this mod. I hope this gets fixed as its a must have for full mage characters.

Edit: This bug triggers if you save your game when you Magicka is not full. When your magicka is full and load your game it seems to not trigger this bug. Hope it helps.
Edit2: Nevermind, seems to trigger even when your Magicka is full. So damn annoying!

omphaloskepsis

Post by omphaloskepsis »

I'm using v0.5 and it's still got the negative magicka problem. For about the first 10 hours, I ran into a couple of minor issues with regen not working, but it always corrected itself. Now I'm in a dungeon and I'm stuck with the overflow error (-2,147,483,647 magicka, I think). Sleeping or resting looks like it's working for a couple of hours, but magicka seems to hit a certain point, maybe 40%, and then it resets to the huge negative value. It looks like it would become an infinite loop if using "Rest Until Healed". Oddly, this hadn't happened other times I rested.

Also: reload isn't fixing this.

I think this mod is pretty much a must-have for mages, so I'm hoping you'll continue to develop it.

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

omphaloskepsis wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:05 am I'm using v0.5 and it's still got the negative magicka problem. For about the first 10 hours, I ran into a couple of minor issues with regen not working, but it always corrected itself. Now I'm in a dungeon and I'm stuck with the overflow error (-2,147,483,647 magicka, I think). Sleeping or resting looks like it's working for a couple of hours, but magicka seems to hit a certain point, maybe 40%, and then it resets to the huge negative value. It looks like it would become an infinite loop if using "Rest Until Healed". Oddly, this hadn't happened other times I rested.

Also: reload isn't fixing this.

I think this mod is pretty much a must-have for mages, so I'm hoping you'll continue to develop it.
Heavily Agreed, But I don't think Narf's gonna make a new version any time soon, last post was from November of 2019. I was using version 0.3 which doesn't have that bug, but I think Races Redone mod is preventing it from working. (Was working fine on 0.10.22 before.)

Edit: Just tested and yes, Races Redone mod conflicts with this mod. Works fine on 0.10.23. And I hope Narf makes a github or something for the source code of the mod so that others can continue if Narf can't.

Simiarex720

Post by Simiarex720 »

I just crashed, so i don't it's any good anymore.

enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:10 am 3) Makes high-level mage PCs even more powerful. (sorry! not intentional - I don't even know if spell point cost reduction for magicka skills can be changed)
Would it be possible to offset this with a more heavy curve of increased magicka cost for high level spells?

pango

Post by pango »

Simiarex720 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:48 am I just crashed, so i don't it's any good anymore.
Works for me (tested on Linux with 0.10.23 and -not yet released- 0.10.24)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I just released my own version of this that is tested to work for the most recent version (0.10.24).

Here is the main-thread for that mod: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=45422

And the direct link to the Nexus Mod page: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/101