Magicka Regeneration - Ready for testing; definitely not ready for prime-time

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
jayhova

Re: Magicka Regeneration - Ready for testing; definitely not ready for prime-time

Post by jayhova »

I was thinking that rather than base your magicka regeneration off of the amount you have used, base it instead off of your physical condition which would be a average of your health and fatigue. So in the morning you would regenerate much faster than if wounded or tired or both.

Something like {RegRt= X(H+F)/T} where T is Time in seconds, F is Fatigue, H is Health and RegRt is the Regeneration Rate of your Magicka. So lets say for ease of discussion, your health is 50 and your fatigue is also 50 and X was .0001 then you would regen at .1/1 or 1 point every 10 seconds. You could bias this so the gen rate does not climb in proportion to your magicka and a really powerful mage might take all day to regen their magic where a low level might totally regen in 3 hours.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Narf the Mouse

Re: Magicka Regeneration - Ready for testing; definitely not ready for prime-time

Post by Narf the Mouse »

jayhova wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:05 pm I was thinking that rather than base your magicka regeneration off of the amount you have used, base it instead off of your physical condition which would be a average of your health and fatigue. So in the morning you would regenerate much faster than if wounded or tired or both.

Something like {RegRt= X(H+F)/T} where T is Time in seconds, F is Fatigue, H is Health and RegRt is the Regeneration Rate of your Magicka. So lets say for ease of discussion, your health is 50 and your fatigue is also 50 and X was .0001 then you would regen at .1/1 or 1 point every 10 seconds. You could bias this so the gen rate does not climb in proportion to your magicka and a really powerful mage might take all day to regen their magic where a low level might totally regen in 3 hours.
That's what this was missing - options! I knew it was missing something. :)

I should be able to get to this over the weekend, but also that's not the only thing I want to do. Also I need to do a bit of planning. )
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

@Narf the Mouse - I have always wanted to play an Honest-to-Merlin blast-em mage and this test mod has given me the opportunity - Thank you!

I rolled a lady High Elf with 3XINT magicka and general spell absorption, named (of course) Nimue. Shock is one of your three beginning spells. Its pretty weak, but I made it through Privateer's Hold using Shock as my only offense. I saved a lot and had to reload frequently.

The only worm in the apple is the occasional Daedroth who casts Silence, which meant I needed a backup melee weapon. Chose Long Blade and am having fun. Thanks again!

N.B. Am really looking forward to an official release.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

johnwax wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:16 pm @Narf the Mouse - I have always wanted to play an Honest-to-Merlin blast-em mage and this test mod has given me the opportunity - Thank you!

I rolled a lady High Elf with 3XINT magicka and general spell absorption, named (of course) Nimue. Shock is one of your three beginning spells. Its pretty weak, but I made it through Privateer's Hold using Shock as my only offense. I saved a lot and had to reload frequently.

The only worm in the apple is the occasional Daedroth who casts Silence, which meant I needed a backup melee weapon. Chose Long Blade and am having fun. Thanks again!

N.B. Am really looking forward to an official release.
Cheers, and thanks! :)

I have an idea of where to take this next, which will basicly be a complete re-write, after which the mod will work exactly the same, only with a lot more flexibility. It's more a matter of actually sitting down and Doing the Thing. :) Since it works well enough right now, there hasn't been much incentive.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

[/quote]
there hasn't been much incentive.
[/quote]

Don't wait! Do it now! (please) :)

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

He meant:
johnwax wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:57 pm
there hasn't been much incentive.
Don't wait! Do it now! (please) :)
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Been playing with this mod for some time now and I've taken quite a liking to it. It makes playing a focused spellcaster a lot more feasible.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

I really enjoy this mod, thank you :)
Since I like Oblivion/Skyrim Magicka regeneration style, I've set Minimum Magicka Regeneration to 100. This way, It will always regen at the same speed. I just had to nerf down Willpower Multiplier Percent a little, otherwise it will make Magicka Regen too OP.

My observations:
- It will be nice, in the Setting Screen, to display the full Fomula used to calculate Magicka Regen. I know, if I hover the mouse pointer over the settings there are tooltips with the Formula, however on my PC (Win7 64 with 125%DPI font) the tooltip font is so huge that I cannot read it entirely.
- the Willpower Multiplier Percent bar have a very very high max value, which make very difficult to have the sensitivity to set a low value. For example, in the setting I use and that I had described before, I'd like to set Willpower Multiplier Percent to 10, but I jut manage to set it to 9 or 11 :?

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Iiiit's aliiiive!

Magicka Regeneration has updated to v0.4. Please see the first post for details. tl;dr - It's basically exactly the same except there's now a Frequency (of magicka regeneration) setting... and all of the other settings are gone. Also updated to 0.10.9. Until I can get some sleep.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Oh wow. Since I'm playing the prefab Mage class that only has 2xInt, this would have been awsome to have from the start. I'm installing this now, since I still can't actually use spells consistently without a LOT of resting.