Rocks of Daggerfall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
User avatar
Kamer
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Kamer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:30 am

Image


This pack for Uncanny's New Locations mod adds various rocks and mountains in the wilderness of Daggerfall. This release specifically is unreleased, but born off of Isle of Betony and is more focused on just adding a bit more variety in the wilderness. In some instances it can lead to some great views. This release is also serving more of a test. I want to see how well it runs on other pc's as well as how interested everyone would be in me continuing this project. So if you have any problems, see any bugs, please report them.

As for the pack itself, it obviously requires Uncanny's New Locations mod to work. Be sure to get that first if you want to use this. In the files itself are 3 zipped files:

RoD_Gavaudon_Main - This file has all the core files and is required for the install.

RoD_Gavaudon_ExtraDetail - This optional file adds smaller rocks to each section in Gavaudon

RoD_Gavaudon_MountainLayer - This optional file adds an extra layer of mountains in the northernpart of Gavaudon





As of right now I have only finished Gavaudon for testing purposes.

Install:

1. Grab Uncanny's Location Loader from here and place it into your StreamingAssets/mods folder

2. Extract the RoD_Gavaudon zip file contents into the StreamingAssets/Locations
-If you have any performance issues, feel free to remove any layer files.

Download: RoD_Gavaudon

Download:Uncanny's Location Mod


Spoiler!
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by Kamer on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zonk
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 12:53 am

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Zonk » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 am

I'm really liking how much this alters the landscape. I'm presuming these are handplaced at certain locations rather than randomly through the wilderness?

I would love if there was some way to spread rocks like this (maybe a little smaller) randomly throughout the wilderness as points of interest and navigation. Being able to see a big rock on a hill in the distance would be great for travel.

User avatar
Kamer
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Kamer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:17 am

Zonk wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 am
I'm really liking how much this alters the landscape. I'm presuming these are handplaced at certain locations rather than randomly through the wilderness?

I would love if there was some way to spread rocks like this (maybe a little smaller) randomly throughout the wilderness as points of interest and navigation. Being able to see a big rock on a hill in the distance would be great for travel.
These are randomly placed in the wilderness.

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Midknightprince » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:25 pm

I have been waiting for something like this, Kramer, you are freaking awesome !
And tell uncanny I have been keeping an eye on his location mod, this is where it's at..
Now I just hope it works for me, I'll let you know..
p.s. I think you need a link to the location loader unless I'm missing something..
Think it's the first one right ? viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1046

I hope 3.0 is the right one..
Ok I had to add locations folder to streaming assets- hope that's par for the course..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Midknightprince » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Go to Tower Gaerton in Gavaudon.
There is a mountain on top of the dungeon, and I cant get in.

I have all the files in there, also you guys have to unblock everything first or won't work, just fyi...
And it looks awesome, just do everything dude lol, I don't want to move away from Illysian Hills, I'm fixing to get a house..
Entrances to the dungeons are the only problem for me so far, it works with all the other mods, and it's using my rock textures for the mountains.
This thing is great, you amaze me dude, just watch the tedious travel speed, if you're using that mod you will be like Evel Knievel on a horse...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 2512
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Jay_H » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Yes, until further refinement, this mod and Tedious Travel appear to be incompatible due to fall damage :lol:
Come join the Unofficial Daggerfall Unity Discord.
See the Daggerfall Unity Wiki on the UESP.
Progress on fixing classic quests here.

User avatar
Kamer
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Kamer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Midknightprince wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Go to Tower Gaerton in Gavaudon.
There is a mountain on top of the dungeon, and I cant get in.

I have all the files in there, also you guys have to unblock everything first or won't work, just fyi...
And it looks awesome, just do everything dude lol, I don't want to move away from Illysian Hills, I'm fixing to get a house..
Entrances to the dungeons are the only problem for me so far, it works with all the other mods, and it's using my rock textures for the mountains.
This thing is great, you amaze me dude, just watch the tedious travel speed, if you're using that mod you will be like Evel Knievel on a horse...
Sorry about that. I was sure I had went to all locations to avoid this. Here's a quick patch which should fix that section. Just replace the files with these.
Gavaudon_Section1-2 Patch.rar
(4.88 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Jay_H wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:22 pm
Yes, until further refinement, this mod and Tedious Travel appear to be incompatible due to fall damage :lol:
Best thing I can say do is steer left and right as much as possible in Tedious Travel because Tedious Travel is now 100% more tedious.

User avatar
Jaiysaun
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Jaiysaun » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Tedious Travel becomes a mountain-dodging minigame with this, gotta strafe to avoid hazards. :lol: I actually found it kinda fun.

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Midknightprince » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Jaiysaun wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 pm
Tedious Travel becomes a mountain-dodging minigame with this, gotta strafe to avoid hazards. :lol: I actually found it kinda fun.
No more reading the news :lol:
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Midknightprince » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Yeah the patch works for me, do the rest of it now :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Post Reply