Mesh Replacement Test

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Interkarma

Re: Mesh Replacement Test

Post by Interkarma »

Xaphir wrote: I tell you what...it's one thing to hear the project founder say that anything will be possible down the road, but it's entirely another thing to look at Cristalnoir's work with 3d trees, water translucency, shorelines, and water reflections; and have your mind blown.

This whole project is the sole best tribute to the greatness of the original game that could have ever been. For the founder Interkarma, thanks is just not enough.
Cheers Xaphir, and welcome to the forums. :)

It's likely possible to replace sprites and trees with 3D models already. At least there aren't many technical hurdles that couldn't be overcome. Probably the hardest part is someone has to develop all those quality assets, keep them consistent in style, and then release completely free. I'd love to see that kind of concerted effort from the community someday, but understand completely if it never happens. It would be a massive undertaking all to itself.

In the meantime, the amazing stuff we're seeing from the community today offers a glimpse of what could be someday.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hi, i'm new here. First of all i would like to compliment you for this project.
Then, even though I have very little experience with modelling, i made two models and their textures using blender and gimp; I hope they are any good.
Spoiler!
198_1
198_2

Edit

download
Last edited by TheLacus on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

TheLacus wrote:Hi, i'm new here. First of all i would like to compliment you for this project.
Then, even though I have very little experience with modelling, i made two models and their textures using blender and gimp; I hope they are any good.
I think it's good work. Welcome to the forums btw, good to have you here!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Xaphir wrote:
TheLacus wrote:Hi, i'm new here. First of all i would like to compliment you for this project.
I think it's good work. Welcome to the forums btw, good to have you here!
Thank you!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Models with transparent water (sorry for doublepost)

alternate version
Spoiler!

Download

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Hey guys sorry, was very bisy this weeks
Here some models that did my friend that I post some screnshots previusly and all stuff he use
http://dropmefiles.com/asS1l
We don't have much time now so hope someone finish it.
TheLacus I like your models but don't think this looks well in game like daggerfall. Maybe you try do it more vanilla freindly? Do textures in same artistic way, not very much detail etc.?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hi Biboran, thanks for feedback :D
What do you think, for example, about these textures? Should i simplify them more?
Spoiler!
vanilla
my textures

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Try to see overhaul picture, catch the style :D
Your texture will be nice for game with a lot photogaphic trxtures, like stalker or max payne 1, but daggerfall it game with "aquarelic" textures. Try not do "most realistic and HD" but textures how artist draw them
If you do not follow basic design rules you got this:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CY3b7VqWMAAgK7X.jpg
I not master in this, but try use this

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Thanks, it looks good :D
This is how it looks with a normal map :mrgreen:
by the way, i tried some filters on a wall texture
Spoiler!

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Upscale textures than do filters :D
Also not use post-effects on textures that do something like "reflections" or "normalmap", it good only if you remodel and do graphic overhaul of all game. Ceem this vanilla, maybe add some derail to models, this will be looks better for final user, I think :)
I also will try redraw some textures in future, hope it will work better.