Custom Portraits

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: Custom Portraits

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Adrinus, I dunno, I just haul thru sh1t :lol: But I did just the outlines and some touch ups on faces, I might do more laters...

About that face Sitrus, it seems the naming is correct, so the problem is most likely elswhere. And yes, you placed em in a correct folder. I tryed other faces in my various saves and they work, so it seems the DFU doesnt accept these specifically. Or I am blind. I tryed everything I could. I will report it and hope for the best (I still need to report the faces which show on the HUD when someone accompanies you - they are too big now)

Thanks for the report!! And nice job finishing the set, new screens are lovely and very clean!

EDIT: reported the big faces and the faces not being replaced bugs on the Git, plus Ive updated the report with weapons reverting to silver when not equipped but only being stored in the inventory :? I hope its gets solved soon

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I've updated my PR for this new command to add all types of equippable items for the current character gender/race including variants.

Code: Select all

add_all_equip (clothing|clothingAllDyes|armor|weapons)
It now creates all types and variant combinations except for any clothing items that can have variants changed in-game by use-ing. I didn't realise that some clothing have variants that cannot be changed in-game. By default it creates a single set of white dye clothing. Use 'clothingAllDyes' to get 10 sets in all the possible different colours.

Also armor is now created with all variants too, and still for all materials.

Both clothing and armor have some types/variants where the colour doesn't change with dye/material but I don't exclude those since there's only a few. You will just have to put up with the duplicates.

I know you didn't ask me to do this, but I'm impressed with the speed and quality of your work here and wanted to be sure the command would give you the support you needed. Considering new builds are infrequent now, I figured to just throw it in.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks mate, I was asking for this feature since the work on paperdoll systems started months back, thanks for putting the actual work up. It was honestly incredibly frustrating situation and Im glad its over now.

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Working on armor variants now, which turns out takes WAY longer than I expected. This is not final, but what I currently have. originally was planning it for mithril but it ended up looking more like the ebony armor from skyrim so now I'm unsure
Daggerfallprogress13.png
Daggerfallprogress13.png (774.95 KiB) Viewed 1993 times

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Sitrus wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:33 pm Working on armor variants now, which turns out takes WAY longer than I expected. This is not final, but what I currently have. originally was planning it for mithril but it ended up looking more like the ebony armor from skyrim so now I'm unsure

Daggerfallprogress13.png
:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

I absolutely love it.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Badass stuff, whatever material it is :shock:

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

If anyone has source material suggestion for the armor variants, I'm more than open for suggestions.

I'll improve on these eventually, lack of neck protection etc. I am anyways struggling with the concept that since there are so many armors there's no point immediatly going for perfection.
Daggerfallprogress14.png
Daggerfallprogress14.png (472.67 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
Daggerfallprogress15.png
Daggerfallprogress15.png (654.78 KiB) Viewed 1936 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi!

1st things 1st - its awesome :ugeek: Completing these armor sets ingame will be a joy!!

I found a page with skyrim armors, scroll a bit down and you can see Light and Heavy armor links:
https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Armor_(Skyrim)

Click a armor variant and it will bring you to a new page with full armor screenshot. There is a bar under that screenshot which usually has more ingame screens or artworks of the selected variant. There are many options and I believe those can give you a inspiration .) Also, if some specific armor is to your liking, I believe copy/paste to the google and selecting "images" will give you more material to browse. Like this:

https://www.google.cz/search?dcr=0&biw= ... AsQ4dUDCAY

I hope it helps :)

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Sitrus wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:53 pm If anyone has source material suggestion for the armor variants, I'm more than open for suggestions.

I'll improve on these eventually, lack of neck protection etc. I am anyways struggling with the concept that since there are so many armors there's no point immediatly going for perfection.

Daggerfallprogress14.png
Daggerfallprogress15.png
I wouldn't worry about neck protection parts. Most of the time that's covered by helmets anyhow. This quality is excellent. If you did them all to that degree it'd be an epic addition.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Hey Sitrus, doing some awesome job there!

I'm not sure if this could be of any help, but recently I found a rather nice neural network model for ESRGAN that works rather well on producing clean upscaled sprites, including the paperdoll items for DF:
It's only 4x but I think one could do 8x by going a second iteration after scaling down the 4x result to 2x. Haven't tried this yet because I'm stuck on CPU and processing goes slow.

NOTE: The above is the result already with cleaned up edges, for which a rather simple automated procedure is used.

I described how the method works here, and the interpolated model that I used to produce the above here.

The same can also do some decent faces (nothing exceptional though):
I wonder if this could be helpful as a base for your edits?