Custom Portraits

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Sitrus

Re: Custom Portraits

Post by Sitrus »

Got a lot more done, but alas encountering them in game is always the problem
Daggerfallprogress8.jpg
Daggerfallprogress8.jpg (323 KiB) Viewed 2411 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I've submitted a PR with a new command to add all types of equippable items for the current character gender/race.

Code: Select all

add_all_equip (clothing|armor|weapons)
It creates all types and dye/material combinations but not all the variants since that's quite a bit trickier.

If you really need the variants as well then let me know and I might do that if I can.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot, this will get us somewhere .) Lets see how that works and if its enough, what exactly are the variants here?
PS: some really nice new stuff here, the axe, bras :shock:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:53 pm Thanks a lot, this will get us somewhere .) Lets see how that works and if its enough, what exactly are the variants here?
No problem, I felt bad that all this effort and enthusiasm was not being supported sufficiently by us coder types... :D

The variants are only really an issue for the armors, as clothes can be changed by using them, and I don't think there are any weapon variants. So you know how you get different styles of the same type and material of armor? Those I can add if needed, but it's a bit more complex since the variants differ per piece and material I think so the loops will need a lot more special cases.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:09 pm
King of Worms wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:53 pm Thanks a lot, this will get us somewhere .) Lets see how that works and if its enough, what exactly are the variants here?
No problem, I felt bad that all this effort and enthusiasm was not being supported sufficiently by us coder types... :D

The variants are only really an issue for the armors, as clothes can be changed by using them, and I don't think there are any weapon variants. So you know how you get different styles of the same type and material of armor? Those I can add if needed, but it's a bit more complex since the variants differ per piece and material I think so the loops will need a lot more special cases.
Thank you so much to you and king of worms both, this will make my life easier as I start to get into the more rare armor/weapons. I am aware I could just replace the iron variant with the file I want to test, but that is just as much work in the end as shuffling with add weapon.

Variants for clothes arent needed, as long as one colour of them all can be added. That is so the clipping, fit and borders can be corrected. The actual colouring doesn't need much testing, at least yet.

In other news, I corrected the fit on a lot of things over the weekend, did a lot more items, and am quite happy with some of them. It looks like I have initial versions now for ~95% of all female clothing items, this means I'm missing around 6 items. Which means now I'll just dedicate some time to fix clipping and border issues on them and work on the colour variants. After that I'll release beta of the clothing items for that body, which I reckon at this pace is sometime next week (depending on how lazy I get and irl deadlines)

I also decided to play with weapon variants (the dwarven axe is one I am particularly happy about, its the amount of detail I wish I could end up with all weapons/armor in the final version.)
Daggerfallprogress9.png
Daggerfallprogress9.png (1.87 MiB) Viewed 2356 times
Daggerfallprogress10.png
Daggerfallprogress10.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 2356 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, this is indeed very needed, Im glad Hazelnut picked up the torch here!! Thank you
Variants for clothes arent needed, as long as one colour of them all can be added. That is so the clipping, fit and borders can be corrected. The actual colouring doesn't need much testing, at least yet.
Right, I did not realize this.

You doing great job overall, the fitting is getting on point and the art is awesome, the new weapons look really good as well, its a pleasure to watch this unfold! I was getting really frustrated with this project, so Im glad that you brought some much needed fresh enthusiasm to it and the work we did before is being actually utilized and taken further than I we (me and Adrinus) were able to.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Sitrus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:41 pm Variants for clothes arent needed, as long as one colour of them all can be added. That is so the clipping, fit and borders can be corrected. The actual colouring doesn't need much testing, at least yet.
Agreed, since you can change the variants using inventory UI, however I am surprised that you don't need all the different colours. I'd assumed that you would so currently it adds 1 of every item of clothing for each dye colour in turn. Do you want this to be an option so you can choose whether to get a single set of items or to get a set per colour?

Same with the armors, it adds a set of each armour item for each material/colour. I assume you definitely need that though.

Hopefully a new DFU build containing this command will be available in 1-2 weeks. If you want to use it before then you will need to use Unity editor with code from github or if I could make you a temp build including the new command if you like.

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Sitrus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:41 pm Variants for clothes arent needed, as long as one colour of them all can be added. That is so the clipping, fit and borders can be corrected. The actual colouring doesn't need much testing, at least yet.
Agreed, since you can change the variants using inventory UI, however I am surprised that you don't need all the different colours. I'd assumed that you would so currently it adds 1 of every item of clothing for each dye colour in turn. Do you want this to be an option so you can choose whether to get a single set of items or to get a set per colour?

Same with the armors, it adds a set of each armour item for each material/colour. I assume you definitely need that though.

Hopefully a new DFU build containing this command will be available in 1-2 weeks. If you want to use it before then you will need to use Unity editor with code from github or if I could make you a temp build including the new command if you like.
No need, this is more than enough support. Thank you :)
If I feel like I can't get enough testing done while waiting, I can always start with the male versions/portraits/etc , so no worries there. I won't be running out of work paperdolls to do anytime soon.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I could also send you a savefile with the full set of items, but if you can keep momentum without that's fine.

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Decided to do a few high elf faces while procastrinating and started on the high elf female body. I'm quite happy about the face, although it is still quite flat.
Attachments
highelf1.png
highelf1.png (657.11 KiB) Viewed 2303 times