Custom Portraits

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Midknightprince

Re: Custom Portraits

Post by Midknightprince »

That is some pretty heavy stuff
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

MrFlibble wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:30 pm Hey Sitrus, doing some awesome job there!

I'm not sure if this could be of any help, but recently I found a rather nice neural network model for ESRGAN that works rather well on producing clean upscaled sprites, including the paperdoll items for DF:
It's only 4x but I think one could do 8x by going a second iteration after scaling down the 4x result to 2x. Haven't tried this yet because I'm stuck on CPU and processing goes slow.

NOTE: The above is the result already with cleaned up edges, for which a rather simple automated procedure is used.

I described how the method works here, and the interpolated model that I used to produce the above here.

The same can also do some decent faces (nothing exceptional though):
I wonder if this could be helpful as a base for your edits?
Hi, thank you for the information. However, Adrinus and King of Worms provided me with ESGRAN versions of the items already, which is what I am already basing most of the clothes on. :) The armors however are from scratch, as well, original variants are just recolours.

Also yes, I am planning to try and get as many armors on that level and eventually finish the detailing (those are rough 2-3h sketches, but at this point quantity > quality. )

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Some progress from the weekend, quick takes on morrowind and skyrim steel armor.
Daggerfallprogress17.png
Daggerfallprogress17.png (949.46 KiB) Viewed 1959 times
Daggerfallprogress16.png
Daggerfallprogress16.png (723.79 KiB) Viewed 1959 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Gods be praised!

Seriously... this is epic!!!

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Excuse me while I go clean the drool off my keyboard, this is some seriously sexy stuff being created here. Gods be praised indeed!
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

I'm back, decided to work on the ebony armor, quite happy with this.
Daggerfallprogress18.png
Daggerfallprogress18.png (586.75 KiB) Viewed 1867 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

This looks fantastic. I'm really impressed with the work being done on graphically overhauling the game.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

:shock:

Gorgeous!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Wow :geek: ! Dont forget to backup your work pls, either on some server like mega or dropbox or another disc ;)

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:16 pm Wow :geek: ! Dont forget to backup your work pls, either on some server like mega or dropbox or another disc ;)
I do version control after every armor I get around to a separate drive and to the cloud, no worries there. Unless all three fail, which I highly doubt :lol:

Decided to go on a tangent today, was supposed to go for Morrowind concept art but I got distracted. Lots of stuff here in this one that I don't like, so ill probably end up modifying this one heavily. :oops:
Daggerfallprogress19.png
Daggerfallprogress19.png (644.04 KiB) Viewed 1842 times