Some Custom Quests

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
theJF

Re: Some Custom Quests

Post by theJF »

I've updated the github files after studying Jay's analysis. In addition to these major improvements there are also 2 new commoners quests.

(Download link in first post)

If you enjoy playing these quests half as much as I enjoyed writing them, then I had twice as much fun as you ;)

The Holy Knight

Post by The Holy Knight »

Awesome! Gonna check this out tonight. Always love new quests!

theJF

Post by theJF »

Been slowly beavering away at a few more custom quests.

Download zip from github is still the same as the first post:
https://github.com/theJFDragon/daggerfa ... master.zip

There are now 17 quests with 2 more in-progress. Once there are 20 finished quests I'll be looking to release this as a "version 1.0" questpack. So, if you have any comments to help polish these up, please leave a note here.

theJF

Post by theJF »

I don't know how Jay wrote a hundred quests without going insane!

Anyways...I finally got 20 "finished" quests together. Which is my limit for the foreseeable future.

Download zip from github is still the same as the first post:
https://github.com/theJFDragon/daggerfa ... master.zip

Ostar

Post by Ostar »

Is JF000017 - Star Chamber - supposed to give you a Note to follow the quest since there is no Log on it? If so, I never received that letter item and couldn't follow the quest.

theJF

Post by theJF »

Ostar wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:09 pm Is JF000017 - Star Chamber - supposed to give you a Note to follow the quest since there is no Log on it? If so, I never received that letter item and couldn't follow the quest.
Thank you for trying these quests. And also thanks for reporting this problem!

This is indeed a bug with the quest. This was a copy-paste error or, rather, a failure to copy-paste. As a result the player has a 40% chance to not get the note and the quest becomes impossible to complete successfully. Hopefully you saved your game just before selecting this quest?

I've attached a fixed version of the quest file to this post. I will also update the quests in github.
Attachments
JF000017.zip
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Ostar

Post by Ostar »

Fixed, thanks.
The quests I've done so far have been interesting and inventive, so thank you for your efforts.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I decided to try a few today. Here's my feedback:

Bounty on the Mutiny: Questgiver says he doesn't know where the graveyard is, but it's already marked on your map; I left asking peasants where it is, but only needed to travel there. A message should identify when the graveyard enemies spawn if it isn't obvious. The map didn't spawn with my enemies, so I couldn't finish the quest.

Sticky Fingers: When you return with the weapon, it uses all quotation marks but shouldn't. Does this quest have a time limit? It ended without success after I killed the thief (time ran out).

Beat the Beastmaster: Needs more descriptive journal entry to make it stand out, like a reminder of the enemy within. What is the secret dungeon's name? Map giving text doesn't need quotation marks.

Rent-A-Ghost: The ghosts spawned while outdoors. The text about enemies inside the Mages Guild has unnecessary quotation marks.

theJF

Post by theJF »

Cheers Jay, I've updated almost all the quests based on your feedback.

theJF

Post by theJF »

I updated the first post but forgot that it didn't update the sequence. So I had to make this post to "bump" the topic, as I believe the young people say.

So if you really like awesome custom quests then why not try these ones? You might also like them as well.