Some Custom Quests

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Allerka

Re: Some Custom Quests

Post by Allerka »

Dang, how did I miss this pack? Downloaded!

I tried out Bounty on the Mutiny and had the opposite problem as Jay_H, specifically every time I entered and exited the crypt or just exited the dungeon "space" (like where the music changes and you get the random messages), it would respawn the entire group, even after I killed them and got the letter. Got kinda interesting trying to fight off three or four groups at once!

Also I THINK the location the leader was "scouting" actually changed after I read the letter and went to the place, but I'm not 100% sure. I might have initially misread it (I thought it said Barrow of Necromimion and it was apparently actually House of Nebuchanon, two vaguely similar names), and also something else weird happened from another mod that might have triggered it, so I can't say for sure it actually happened. I guess I could try re-running the quest since it's repeatable, see if it happens again.

Either way, looking forward to trying the rest!

theJF

Post by theJF »

Allerka wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:46 am it would respawn the entire group, even after I killed them and got the letter. Got kinda interesting trying to fight off three or four groups at once!
Uh-oh! I wonder if this bug exists in the other quests? I will have to go and check that out later, perhaps over the weekend. Thanks for reporting this one! I have fixed this quest and updated the first page download link. Also attached to this post is the fixed individual quest file.

I'm not sure about the dungeon name changing. I tested the quest a couple of times and it seemed OK. Thanks for trying/testing.
Attachments
JF000001.zip
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Like I said, it's entirely possible I just imagined it and/or it was simply the result of a weird and generally unlikely code interaction (I've certainly seen weirder things happen in my coding at work! :lol:), so I wouldn't sweat it at all. I'll try the quest again tonight (and maybe some others).

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Well, did another run of it with the revised version, everything worked fine. Also tried Best the Beastmaster, everything seemed fine, although at the end I didn't get a map to another dungeon. Then again, I've discovered every dungeon in the country I'm currently in (there's only eight of them), so I would imagine that's probably why.