Enhanced Sky

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
LypyL

Enhanced Sky

Post by LypyL »

Forked & rebuilt version by Nystul:

Enhanced Sky 2.1.0 (only compatible with new dfunity versions with new baseline (Unity 2018.1.2f1) which is live builds since June 2018): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iMV4xy ... sp=sharing

Overcast blocking sun - this feature is not in this version.

-------------------------------

Latest version 1.8.1 - tested on / designed for DFTFU v. 1.4.16 (WIP branch) - if you're using 1.3.37, it should work fine, just replace:

using DaggerfallWorkshop.Game;

with

using DaggerfallWorkshop.Demo;

In the SkyManager script.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_oQw ... sp=sharing

Setup instructions:

1. Add EnhancedSkyController prefab to scene.

2. Add new layer named SkyLayer.

3. Change fog to expon. squared, and set density to something like .000012

4. Change Main Camera Clear flags to depth only.

5. Uncheck SkyLayer in Main Camera's Culling Mask list (same for other cameras again - only skyCam should have it checked).

6. Add ToggleEnhancedSky to input manager.

1.8.1:

Changes:

The sun should no longer need to be set in the inspector. Removed sun flare.

Reduced size of sun & moons a bit.

Overhauled the cloud texture creation process again. It's faster, and now uses a small buffer.

The moons now "pop" a bit less so they will blend into the night sky better.

V.1.7.1:
Changes:

Uses events from PlayerEnterExit & StreamingWorld now to detect transitions & teleports, so editing core files is no longer required.

Added a boolean field to SkyManager to control if the flare on the sun is enabled.

V 1.7.0:

Changes:

Stars are no longer visible through the moons.

Stars fade in and out over about an hour around dawn and dusk rather than just turn on and off.

Moons & sun flare are no longer visible below the horizon. This should apply to the majority of Nystul's extended/improved terrain as well - only in cases like the sun rising or setting over a tall mountain will the flare be visible through the terrain.

Sun flare will now be disabled when it's overcast.

Moons' will appear faded when it's overcast, and when they are on the horizon.

Fog color now changes over time.

Interkarma

Re: Enhanced Sky

Post by Interkarma »

Fantastic, can't wait to play with it. :D

BTW, have you contacted Doubloonz for permission to use the moon textures, or has he assigned a free license to them?

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Yeah I contacted him, and he said it was OK - it's why I changed actually, as I couldn't get the creator of the original ones I used to respond to emails or messages through NexusMods (they gave pretty loose permissions to use them on their page, but I still wanted to get an OK before including them in the demo).

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's awesome. Thankyou for doing that. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

excellent work!
I think there is a unintentional error in the setup process decription, where it should say:

PlayerEnterExit:
In TransitionInterior() & TransitionDungeonInterior() add the following line at the very end:
EnhancedSky.SkyManager.instance.IndoorTransitionEvent();

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

excellent work!
I think there is a unintentional error in the setup process decription
Thanks for the spot! I also forgot to update a line in the ExteriorTransitionEvent() in the SkyManager class - it should have EnhancedSkyUpdate(); at the end, after ToggleSkyObjects(true);

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_oQw ... sp=sharing

Minor update - just a bug fix, and due to a limitation or oversight on Unity's part I had to re-work the way the sky objects were being toggled on and off (there is no way to set the Sun setting in the environment lighting window without using the inspector, which the skybox material depends on - so if the Sun object gets disabled that changes to null and the skybox gets messed up! ).

Add ToggleEnhancedSky to the input manager, and when outside you can now switch between the enhanced sky and original Daggerfall Tools Sky rig.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

LypyL wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_oQw ... sp=sharing

Minor update - just a bug fix, and due to a limitation or oversight on Unity's part I had to re-work the way the sky objects were being toggled on and off (there is no way to set the Sun setting in the environment lighting window without using the inspector, which the skybox material depends on - so if the Sun object gets disabled that changes to null and the skybox gets messed up! ).

Add ToggleEnhancedSky to the input manager, and when outside you can now switch between the enhanced sky and original Daggerfall Tools Sky rig.
tried it, though somehow the skybox is no longer updating - have I missed a setting? -> I have put the EnhancedSkyController and everything within in the skylayer, camera is rendering only skylayer, added sun to the lighting tab, matched the rendering mode of camera with the other cameras...

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

tried it, though somehow the skybox is no longer updating - have I missed a setting? -> I have put the EnhancedSkyController and everything within in the skylayer, camera is rendering only skylayer, added sun to the lighting tab, matched the rendering mode of camera with the other cameras...
I honestly don't know. I'm assuming you checked the time scale in DFunity? Is everything else working (sun + moons, clouds, stars etc)?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

tried it on the system at work, here it works without a problem, maybe I messed up when setting it up at home - will have to try it again when I am home again ;)